Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WebMessenger Business-Class Service 2.6 (0201) is now FREE. They previously charged $5.95 per month. "Access ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

vsp1140 no está en línea Stack level 2

WebMessenger Business-Class Service 2.6 (0201) Mobile IM Client Now FREE

Advertisement

WebMessenger Business-Class Service 2.6 (0201) is now FREE. They previously charged $5.95 per month.

"Access AIM, Google, MSN, and Yahoo from your Blackberry Windows Mobile Symbian, or Palm smartphone or PDA."

http://webmessenger.com/

*** This is a really awesome program, IMO much better that JIVETALK and its FREE!!
    It uses DATA not SMS.

**************************FIXES******************* ***

For verizon users ONLY!!

If you're having problems logging in once you've setup your account w/ them

Try this:

Change server host #1 to
    im.webmessenger.com

and port to 1717

Change nothing else. The above worked for me when I couldnt log in.

Ive got an 8130 and it works great.

ENJOY!!
    Last edited by vsp1140; 02-13-2008 at 10:45 PM.

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: WebMessenger Business-Class Service 2.6 (0201) Mobile IM Client Now FREE

Tried it and just got the following: "Error starting IM_Main: Module 'IM_Data-1' not found. Bummer...any idea how to clear that up? I did the ota install.

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx View Post
    Tried it and just got the following: "Error starting IM_Main: Module 'IM_Data-1' not found. Bummer...any idea how to clear that up? I did the ota install.
    Try doing the DM install. Thats what I ended up having to do. Im not sure why the OTA link wont work.

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990

ok what provider are we talking about with those fixes??? i'm on t mobile and it did nothing for me.... it says cannot connect to server now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thamessenger View Post
    ok what provider are we talking about with those fixes??? i'm on t mobile and it did nothing for me.... it says cannot connect to server now!!!

My Apologies Sir, Those fixes were for Verizon's network, Ill make the appropriate changes. Just change the settings back to what they were originally and you should be fine.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I gave it a spin back when they first made it free, about a week ago. Couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Waste of time if you ask me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

How much better is this than JiveTalk? It may suck that I paid 30 $ for a User Licence with them just last month. Does it have everything JT has and more? Does it run any faster? Is there customisability than JT? I really am interested in this but won't get it unless it is clearly better than JT...

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

Its free. Why don't you test it out and let us know the answers?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by vsp1140 View Post
    My Apologies Sir, Those fixes were for Verizon's network, Ill make the appropriate changes. Just change the settings back to what they were originally and you should be fine.
    Those settings also worked for some people on AT&T.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

nimocone no está en línea Stack level 3

So far it's working great and I didn't have to change any settings. I'm not a power-user of AIM so this free version is just what I need.

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vsp1140 View Post
    *** This is a really awesome program, IMO much better that JIVETALK and its FREE!! It uses DATA not SMS.
    Dont kid yourself. Better than Jivetalk? You either havent used Jivetalk or your delusional. Yes this is a great IM program for free without a doubt, but it is no where in the league of Jivetalk. I have Jivetalk and I tested this free one out a couple of days ago (just to see what it was like) and its no comparison, if money isn't the object Jivetalk blows it away period....

This isn't taking anything away from WebMessenger, as I said it is the best free IM program available. Just your comment on it being much better than Jivetalk is false and I had to call that out.

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

I used it for a day and deleted it. I'm going to stick with the AIM made by RIM.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I got it to work, and I really like it.....but It is a battery hog and sometimes crashes my phone. I am using "default" settings, though.
    I like it better than the $50 IM+...10 x better!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

pearlywhites35 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206942CE

Hey guys...I installed the software ok...but I keep getting the following error message:

Request timed out.
    No connection to the server.
    Device is probably out of coverage.

I'm using a Pearl 8100 on the Rogers network. Any ideas? I'm in a good coverage area so it doesn't make sense.

Thanks,
    T.

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

Used it for only 2 days. JiveTalk is better though it's not free
    Last edited by s16ri; 02-16-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast