8330 telus curve 4.3 I recently downloaded weathereye. Almost every download that I do gives ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

CBRf4i no está en línea Stack level 1

WeatherEYE problem

Advertisement

8330 telus curve 4.3

I recently downloaded weathereye. Almost every download that I do gives me this same error message

"uncaught exception: java.lang.Er"

I am also un-sure about how to delete this application?

I would greatly appreciate any insight on this problem. I am not very advanced when it comes to these issues.

TIA, CBRf4i

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    To delete the app, go to options > advanced options > applications. from there you can scroll down to weather eye, hit the options button ( the one with the dots) and select delete. As for your initial issue i gots no idea. try opening your browser, hit the options button and select options > browser configuration > and insuring that the support java script box is checked.
    Last edited by kennedy_84; 10-16-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Well the java script box was not checked off. Thank-you.

I will delete then re-install weather eye. Hopefully now it will work.

Well, I deleted it. And re-installed weathereye off TWN.com website. And it stills pops up as the same error..

kennedy_84 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302403B0
    OK, try to download it this way, just select your tulus as your carrier and put in your phone number. i think this is how i got it and it worked fine.
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/mobile/weathereye
    or type this address into your phones browser
    http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/

No luck with both links.

Is there something I have to download or change to allow third party applications?
    Last edited by CBRf4i; 10-17-2008 at 05:11 PM.

xtwister no está en línea Stack level 1
    I know this is a very old thread but alot of rogers users are having this issue with the new version installing from scratch. (from google searches)

I had weathereye on my 8310 and after doing a rom update and everything wiped I kept getting a java error.
    I then got a 9700 bold and it was doing the same thing. Same Java error. Weird!

The fix was to download and install using WIFI instead of the rogers data connection. (remove from applications on BB first if its still there) Once entering city and other data it works fine now under the g3 connection. I presume using pc to download and install thru bb desktop will also work.