Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have figured out a way to get the IT Policy COMPLETELY 100% off of ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym

Advertisement

I have figured out a way to get the IT Policy COMPLETELY 100% off of a BB, 81xx83xx8800.

Its very time consuming, but it DOES NOT install a blank policy, because those still lock the firewall.

It involves 4.5 beta, backup, JL_Cmdr, and a few hours.

Let me know if anyones interested, its a lenghty process to do, but i did it after installing Unite! on my 8310.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    yea i didnt use this app cause of the it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

lance615 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcarbone View Post
    I have figured out a way to get the IT Policy COMPLETELY 100% off of a BB, 81xx83xx8800.

Its very time consuming, but it DOES NOT install a blank policy, because those still lock the firewall.

It involves 4.5 beta, backup, JL_Cmdr, and a few hours.

Let me know if anyones interested, its a lenghty process to do, but i did it after installing Unite! on my 8310.
    Please share this info. I had to wipe my BB and restore with a blank policy. Problem now is that my firewall is locked and my BB is constantly sending/receiving data in the background, draining my battery fast.

Wrkhorse2006 no está en línea Stack level 2
    no problems after wipe, except i have to get addresses and phone#s again

redraisin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435FB2B
    Unite messed up my internet. the browser icon won't display. after discussing with multiple t-mobile techs, they forward my call to RIM and I've discussed everything with RIM and they're still clueless on what to do. They said they'd be escalating the ticket and will work on it internally WITHOUT me hearing from them again.

This still leaves me without a browser!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've tried wiping the phone (JL_CMDER) multiple times, re-installing the software. Nothing works.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Try logging on to your BIS and resending your service books and see if that helps.
    If that doesn't work you may need to wipe the device and reload your OS.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by redraisin View Post
    Unite messed up my internet. the browser icon won't display. after discussing with multiple t-mobile techs, they forward my call to RIM and I've discussed everything with RIM and they're still clueless on what to do. They said they'd be escalating the ticket and will work on it internally WITHOUT me hearing from them again.

This still leaves me without a browser!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've tried wiping the phone (JL_CMDER) multiple times, re-installing the software. Nothing works.
    redraisin,
    Try using the remove IT policy on this page and let me know if this works and gets your browser icon reloaded. http://www.removeblackberrypolicy.com/directions2.htm

Please post back if this works so we can inform others with a similar issue.

Bicho.mm0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2055FA8F
    Hey stackers.

This instruccions are if you removed the IT Policy but your firewall is still locked.

If you removed the IT Policy using the blank policy file, in order to remove the firewall lock the only thing you need to do is delete the blank policy file from your computer, or rename it, and then wipe your blackberry again.

This will remove it the firewall lock, please remember to backup.

Hope this will helps, i do it in various Blackberrys, because i removed BB Unite :S

Bicho.mm0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2055FA8F
    Anyone with BB Unite problem?

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Tx

After reading all the story's about it, I would stay away from it.

clhdo4self no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    redraisin,
    Try using the remove IT policy on this page and let me know if this works and gets your browser icon reloaded. http://www.removeblackberrypolicy.com/directions2.htm

Please post back if this works so we can inform others with a similar issue.
    This process worked for me flawlessly. I was nervous about the autobackup it selected, but it worked and my browser re-appeared. It did tell me that the owner of my Curve was RIM which was cool. But I'm up and running with no more issues. Thank you for the link and tip.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i installed unite and before i connected my device to it and registered it, i realized how much of a hassle it is...it probably is great for families with multiple bb phones and to control and restrict (along with other cool features) individual phones esp to ur teenagers lol...i uninstalled it before i registered my device on it...now i'm glad i did!

clhdo4self no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    i installed unite and before i connected my device to it and registered it, i realized how much of a hassle it is...it probably is great for families with multiple bb phones and to control and restrict (along with other cool features) individual phones esp to ur teenagers lol...i uninstalled it before i registered my device on it...now i'm glad i did!
    You forgot to mention significant others who can't be trusted.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by clhdo4self View Post
    You forgot to mention significant others who can't be trusted.
    haha true true...my significant other doesn't have a bb yet lol

henning no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2414F340
    Hello,
    I had the browser icon go missing when I did the install. I called at and t and got a new phone. The new phone had the browser icon and then when I restored my other info from my backup, my browser icon disappeared again. It must be embedded in the backup or something...I removed the software from my pc. I still have media net so I will work on a solution suggested above. Thanks for the info...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast