Hello, I am woundering if there is a mail client that uses gprs or wap. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

WAP/GPRS/SIMMILAR Email Client?

Advertisement

Hello, I am woundering if there is a mail client that uses gprs or wap. THe reason is i am with rogers and 5$ is 5MB only, and i cannot allow it to constantly check mail as i get HUGE charge (i had one with 100 $ on net allone). I am aware of a product called Consilient push, what it does is it checks email box for mail using gprs, rather then BB internet. I am looking for something simmilar, the problem with Consilient is that it constantly checks, i have no control over it, and with that consistansy, my data charge ends up huge. What i am looking for, if possible for, even almost identical software, just that has option of checking mail when i request to do so, rather then each 5- 6 seconds. As i do check my mail only about 3 times a day or so.

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: WAP/GPRS/SIMMILAR Email Client?

Having worked for Cingular (the US partner), I can tell you that I don't know of any. The blackberry service is very particular and requires a specific plan. The blackberry server will check every 15 minutes. You would have to ask your Rogers rep to see if you get charged even if there is no data to push.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

i do, i am not using bb data, im using wap/gprs data, witch is counted upon kb send/recived, hence i get charge if i check and nothing comes up.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

It sounds like you'd be money ahead to either buy the $40 BB plan or turn off data service on the phone until you want to check your mail.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~