I used to have a Sanyo phone that had a "CALL SCREEN" function when receiving ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

danwestness no está en línea Stack level 2

WANTED: Call Screener App

Advertisement

I used to have a Sanyo phone that had a "CALL SCREEN" function when receiving incoming calls... I loved this function... for all of you that aren't familiar with it, here is how it worked....

If your phone rang and it was blocked ID or a number you didn't recognize you could press SCREEN and the phone would answer the call with the microphone muted and play a fake voicemail greeting to the caller followed by a beep... you were able to listen in on the caller and as they started to "leave their message" you would be able to interrupt them and answer the call...

it would also record the message to the phone as a WAV file so you replay the message later if you didn't decide to talk to the person right then...

It also had the ability to use the phone as it's own voicemail service, so as long as the phone was on and in service, it would just take messages right on the hardware, so there was no need to call into your voicemail to check messages... you could play them right on the phone like VisualVoicemail with rewind and fast forward and callback options... it was great

so ANYWAYS.... who wants to start writing up some code?!?!?!?

VernMcC no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Grand central already does this.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Actually Grand Central is rubbish for this sort of thing since you have to get a brand new phone number to give out to everyone and not use your existing number. Try Black and White List from iberry software labs(or something like that). That's a true call screener.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

usmcangel no está en línea Stack level 2
    I tried to sign up but they are only in beta right now and only taking invited people. but you can reserve a place when they open it to the public
    Stasha

Quote Originally Posted by usmcangel View Post
    I tried to sign up but they are only in beta right now and only taking invited people. but you can reserve a place when they open it to the public
    Sign up for what? GC? cause you can get invites from the thread in this forum.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

skeogh88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yup she's right. A buddy of mine is the source of the link

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~She? She who? What link?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    You can no longer send invites for GrandCentral, that is what they are referring to. The GrandCentral invite thread is null and void.

Envizion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I think what always was suggesting was to forget about GC all together and use black and white list...its not free but it works.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I used to have that on an all flip phone from sprint that was years ago though it was very useful

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Actually the black and white list trail doesn't run out as far as I can tell. I have had it sense aug. Of 07 and still works
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    You could also try www.youmail.com they are totally free and does the same thing with screening calls and playing selected greetings for you individual contacts

Gunjinn no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been using Youmail for a month now. Its a great concept and works seamlessly with my 8830.
    You can never have too much gas, unless you are on fire.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by danwestness View Post
    I used to have a Sanyo phone that had a "CALL SCREEN" function when receiving incoming calls... I loved this function... for all of you that aren't familiar with it, here is how it worked....

If your phone rang and it was blocked ID or a number you didn't recognize you could press SCREEN and the phone would answer the call with the microphone muted and play a fake voicemail greeting to the caller followed by a beep... you were able to listen in on the caller and as they started to "leave their message" you would be able to interrupt them and answer the call...

it would also record the message to the phone as a WAV file so you replay the message later if you didn't decide to talk to the person right then...

It also had the ability to use the phone as it's own voicemail service, so as long as the phone was on and in service, it would just take messages right on the hardware, so there was no need to call into your voicemail to check messages... you could play them right on the phone like VisualVoicemail with rewind and fast forward and callback options... it was great

so ANYWAYS.... who wants to start writing up some code?!?!?!?
    I guess this might be interesting: http://handmark.resultspage.com/sear...ore&device=668