Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been looking all around the forums and I wanted to know if there is ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Question Want to find a program that changes LED colors

Advertisement

I've been looking all around the forums and I wanted to know if there is a software that allows you to change the color LED for messages, missed calls, IMs, e-mail...etc.

On my phone it flashes red for everything. It will flash green if I turn on the LED coverage indicator.

And when I had the OZ IM client it flashed purple when i received a new IM. Using JiveTalk it only flashes red.

Anyone know of a good program to download, possibly free? If not is there anything? I heard about BBlight but that just seems to change the back light options. I only want to change the colors of my LED.

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Re: Want to find a program that changes LED colors

BBAlerts will allow you to change the color of the Status LED for missed phone calls, PIN's, SMS, etc... Also will allow you to set an audible alert that will go off until you check your phone. Look for it at www.handango.com

This does not work for chat clients however.

I found it on Handango, but do they have an OTA version?

I guess there's no OTA version so I'll have to wait until I can get to my computer and download it through DM. Does anyone have any negatives experiences with BBAlerts? Or does it seem to work fine? I'm hesitant on buying something in case it doesn't work properly.

And also I just want to be clear. You can't change the Chat LED color but you can change it for everything else?
    And also I wanted to know with this app. how long does the LED indicator blink for?

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

I'll let others give you their thought on BBAlerts, but it's worked very good for me so far. I alerts on missed calls, missed sms, missed email, missed high priority, and voicemail. I'm still in my trial period, so far when I have missed something the light and audible alert keeps going until I check it. Also, I think the voicemail alert depends on your carrier, haven't had a voicemail to get alerted on yet. You can always install the trial, then if you don't like it just take it off. Good Luck.

Thanks for the help. I found an OTA version online and I downloaded it and a pop-up comes up asking "The application BlackBerryAlerts is attempting to access phone logs. Would you like to allow access?" For one I don't know what this means. And more importantly before I can answer my Pearl freezes I restarted and the pop-up came up again and it froze. I turned off my phone and took my battery out and back in and restarted and the same thing happened! Anyone know what I can do?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

In bb alerts options set alert logging to NO and pop up notification to OFF and this should go away. Be sure to reboot BB after the changes are saved.

~via Lava's C2 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for everyone's help. I finally got the app up and running. But my LED light is still blinking red for all notifications. I'm guessing I have the options wrong and I've been playing with it for a while now and I can't figure out what I did wrong.
    Last edited by lauren25; 11-19-2007 at 09:35 PM.

Alright after researching the site more and messing with my Pearl I finally got it up and going. thanks again for everyone's help.
    Last edited by lauren25; 11-19-2007 at 10:09 PM.

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~would you mind sharing the OTA link?

Yeah, I'll find it again
    It's: bbymel.servebbs.com and you download the .jad one.
    If that's not the right link please let me know.

Also when downloading this it may freeze your Pearl. I had to re-start my Pearl about 5 times and had to do a battery pull. But when it lets you- go to Options>Advanced Options> Applications>Blackberry Alerts> Press the Menu Button and selected Edit Permissions> Expand the Connections Tab> And Change Phone to Allow.

After doing this I customized the Blackberry Alert colors and did a battery pull. After
    that the program worked perfect. It takes some time to get this app. to work properly and can be frustrating. But once it works it's awesome.

Good luck.
    Last edited by lauren25; 11-20-2007 at 05:48 PM.

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Yeah, I'll find it again
    It's: bbymel.servebbs.com and you download the .jad one.
    If that's not the right link please let me know.
    Hey thanks, that link won't work tho. Is there another one?

That's the only one I know of and that webpage isn't working for me either atm. I'm trying to figure it out but I don't have good internet on my phone when I'm at home. I have the download .jad on my phone still but it doesn't tell me the exact webpage. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Ok I finally got it working on my phone: http://bbymel.servebbs.com/ that's the same address by try typing it in exactley like that. Let me know how it goes.
    I'm using the BB browser and not OperaMini for this website, and I also have the 8100, and I see if you have the 8130. I don't know if that makes a difference though.
    Last edited by lauren25; 11-20-2007 at 09:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast