Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello Ken, I understand your dissatisfaction. I can assure you our developers will take a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

Hello Ken,

I understand your dissatisfaction. I can assure you our developers will take a closer look at this problem.

Sorry for all disadvantages and thank you for your understanding,
    Irene
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerryKen View Post
    SHAPE Services,

All my permissions have always been set to "allow", and I don't want to use my BlackBerry with the firewall disabled. I tend to agree with "j llama", and am not happy with all the modifications (disabling) Verizon has done to the 8830, but it's the only service that works in my employers buildings. I know Verizon has their financial reasons for disabling much of the functionality of this device and this is the reason why I support the ability for consumers to purchase their own equipment and activate it with any carrier they wish to, as in other countries.

Is it possible for you to work with Verizon Wireless to remedy this situation?

I understand that you, as a third party software company, will take the stand that your software works just fine, which I'm sure it does under most circumstances. Just as I'm sure Verizon Wireless will say they are not responsible for the functioning of third party software on their equipment.

I'm a computer professional, so I understand that this may be complicated from both a software and legal position but it just seems that this problem occurs often enough to warrant both parties to work together to find a solution.

I too am frustrated with not being able to get VR+ to work on my 8830, but this is only because I know it is a GREAT PRODUCT, has GREAT FUNCTIONALITY, and I REALLY WANT TO USE IT. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time writing all this.

Thanks, Ken
    I am currently successfully using VR+ 2.4.5 (as well as earlier versions) on a VZW BlackBerry 8830 (OS v4.2.2.196, recently upgraded from v4.2.2.176) with the firewall enabled (mandated by BES pushed IT policy). Just a thought, but is it possible that at some point you inadvertently denied the VR+ app a privilege or firewall setting that it requires? May I suggest resetting firewall settings as a possible fix? This will require you to re-grant privileges for ALL apps that you have previously granted in the past, but it might be worth the effort up front in order to get VR+ to work for you.
    Last edited by visortgw; 06-18-2008 at 02:36 PM.

BlackBerryKen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
    I am currently successfully using VR+ 2.4.5 (as well as earlier versions) on a VZW BlackBerry 8830 (OS v4.2.2.196, recently upgraded from v4.2.2.176) with the firewall enabled (mandated by BES pushed IT policy). Just a thought, but is it possible that at some point you inadvertently denied the VR+ app a privilege or firewall setting that it requires? May I suggest resetting firewall settings as a possible fix? This will require you to re-grant privileges for ALL apps that you have previously granted in the past, but it might be worth the effort up front in order to get VR+ to work for you.
    Could you please tell me how to re-grant privileges for all apps?

Thanks, Ken

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerryKen View Post
    Could you please tell me how to re-grant privileges for all apps?

Thanks, Ken
    After globally resetting firewall, each applications will prompt for permissions at the first instance that the permission is required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12