Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Try it here: http://vozme.com/index.php... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #1
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440

    vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    Advertisement




  2. #2
    tfrankson's Avatar
    tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Posts
    968

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    Oh thks, this is a cool little app. I'm going to have fun with this.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #3
    Killa B's Avatar
    Killa B no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanx. Just tried it also & its pretty kewl.

  4. #4
    gameboy213's Avatar
    gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This looks like it might be fun!

  5. #5
    shakuyi's Avatar
    shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    2425A121
    Posts
    204

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    nice find!

  6. #6
    beeshabo's Avatar
    beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,397

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    Quote Originally Posted by shakuyi View Post
    nice find!
    Is this strictly for Desk top use....or can you access it through your phone??

  7. #7
    tfrankson's Avatar
    tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Is this strictly for Desk top use....or can you access it through your phone??
    You can access it with your BB

  8. #8
    beeshabo's Avatar
    beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,397

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfrankson View Post
    You can access it with your BB

    Hmmmmm...I just tried, and I can't convert to MP3....I got this window/warning

    ! The Requested action could not be performed Javascript is not enabled on this handeld

  9. #9
    j llama's Avatar
    j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Posts
    4,319

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    press your menu key > scroll to options > Browser configuration > you can then enable javascript

    This seems like
    http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php#top
    which you can use all sorts of voices, and make the bots talk to each other, speed up and slow down voices.

    Works great if you have babelfish on a bookmark, since you can have the bots speaking in various language accents.


    It is possible to change the way the speech sounds by altering the input text. Liberal use of commas is the easiest way to get better phrasing, especially in long complex sentences. Overall speed can be controlled using XML-style tags from the SAPI, SSML, and JSML test markup standards, e.g.
    <prosody rate="slow"> this is speaking slowly </prosody>. <prosody rate="fast"> this is speaking fast </prosody>. <prosody rate="-50%"> this is 50% slower </prosody>.Precise pauses can also be inserted using the <break/> tag, e.g.
    Break for 100 milliseconds <Break time="100ms"/> Okay, keep going." Break for 3 seconds <Break time="3s"/> Okay, keep going."Voices and languages can be intermixed using the <voice> tag, e.g.
    <voice name="crystal">Crystal, 1 2 3.</voice> <voice name="mike">Mike. <voice name="rosa">Rosa, 1 2 3.</voice> Back to Mike.</voice>Many other tags are supported as well, but not all. The product documentation explains in detail.
    Last edited by j llama; 12-20-2007 at 03:50 PM.
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist

  10. #10
    beeshabo's Avatar
    beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,397

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    Quote Originally Posted by j llama View Post
    press your menu key > scroll to options > Browser configuration > you can then enable javascript

    This seems like
    http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php#top
    which you can use all sorts of voices, and make the bots talk to each other, speed up and slow down voices.

    Works great if you have babelfish on a bookmark, since you can have the bots speaking in various language accents.


    It is possible to change the way the speech sounds by altering the input text. Liberal use of commas is the easiest way to get better phrasing, especially in long complex sentences. Overall speed can be controlled using XML-style tags from the SAPI, SSML, and JSML test markup standards, e.g.
    <prosody rate="slow"> this is speaking slowly </prosody>. <prosody rate="fast"> this is speaking fast </prosody>. <prosody rate="-50%"> this is 50% slower </prosody>.Precise pauses can also be inserted using the <break/> tag, e.g.
    Break for 100 milliseconds <Break time="100ms"/> Okay, keep going." Break for 3 seconds <Break time="3s"/> Okay, keep going."Voices and languages can be intermixed using the <voice> tag, e.g.
    <voice name="crystal">Crystal, 1 2 3.</voice> <voice name="mike">Mike. <voice name="rosa">Rosa, 1 2 3.</voice> Back to Mike.</voice>Many other tags are supported as well, but not all. The product documentation explains in detail.

    Hey j llama........I don't have the option to enable Javascript, it only lets me change it from Internet Browser to MediaNet........any othere options I'm missing??

  11. #11
    j llama's Avatar
    j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Posts
    4,319

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    while you're in the browser, press the menu key (button to the left of trackball)
    scroll down to options
    BlackBerry® Certified Support Specialist

  12. #12
    beeshabo's Avatar
    beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,397

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    Quote Originally Posted by j llama View Post
    while you're in the browser, press the menu key (button to the left of trackball)
    scroll down to options

    Ahhhh.....got that!! but now when I click on "Create MP3" nothing happens!!

  13. #13
    dorojm's Avatar
    dorojm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Ahhhh.....got that!! but now when I click on "Create MP3" nothing happens!!
    Did you try refreshing the page after enabling java? I always have to. Good luck.
    I've got it working on my 7130c with 4.2, sounds odd but works.

  14. #14
    Thingus995's Avatar
    Thingus995 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    23FA8180
    Posts
    59

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    suhweet... custom Steven Hawking ringtone, here i come

  15. #15
    alchemy's Avatar
    alchemy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: vozMe - Text to mp3 audio.

    how can you make the voice MP3s into ringtones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •