Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I found the info on this site: http://www.blackberryblog.com/ Have anyone seen this app or try ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Application:Talk-Now Voicemail???

Advertisement

I found the info on this site:
    http://www.blackberryblog.com/
    Have anyone seen this app or try this app?
    Talk-Now: No more 'I not available. Please leave me a voice mail.'

Talk-Now: No more 'I not available. Please leave me a voice mail.'
    How lame is voice mail? Can we all agree to get rid of it and just go with sms or at least make some improvements to it (like the iPhone voice mail UI) so that I don't have to dial 1... wait... you have 3 new messages... wait.. to listen to your voice messages, press 1... 1... wait.. argh..
    To that end, Sue (representing Iotum) sent me an email a couple weeks back about a product called Talk-Now, which is in technology preview stage (fancy term for beta?) that basically takes the presence information that you're used to in IM and moves it to your phone so you never have to make a call without knowing whether or not someone is available on the other end, thereby totally eliminating voice mail! Wheee!!!
    Check it out (it's an OTA download) at iotum.com/blackberry
    http://www.iotum.com/products-consumers.php
    Last edited by butterfly2; 03-13-2007 at 12:43 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Voicemail???

Has anyone d/l and tested it?

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Re: Application:Talk-Now Voicemail???

Quote Originally Posted by GaBulldog
    Has anyone d/l and tested it?
    LOL....I just did I am the lab rat!! The app is a Beta product right now...but if you have any problems just call them or email them...they get right back to you...I called...it seems ok so far..
    Last edited by butterfly2; 03-13-2007 at 12:43 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: Application:Talk-Now Voicemail???

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    LOL....I just did I am the lab rat!! The app is a Beta product right now...but if you have any problems just call them or email them...they get right back to you...I called...it seems ok so far..
    Could you please explain this to me again..... How does this work????

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just go to this link and read all about it! And you can contact them for further info! I m trying out the product for the first time myself..and it is fairly new so they would like to report any bugs!
    http://www.iotum.com/products-consumers.php

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA6EFE

hmm i just downloaded it, i ll give it a shot and let y'all know how it is =)

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I'm about to give it a shot and see how it works ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

its works as advertised, preety neat tool, i like it alot, only qualm is the CONSTANT transmission of data between your phone and their servers, which translates to your battery life going right out the window.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

very good point, I downloaded it a while ago and promptly un-installed for that reason. I think it would only be truly advantageous if most of my contacts used it as well....
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

julien iotum no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by trinybwoy
    its works as advertised, preety neat tool, i like it alot, only qualm is the CONSTANT transmission of data between your phone and their servers, which translates to your battery life going right out the window.
    Trinybwoy and jerrycrabb,

We changed the way it queries our server to improve the battery life. It queries only once for all the contacts when you open the application. If you close it, it will not transmit data to our servers. No constant exchange at all.

The only time you have recurring transmission is when you add someone to the “notify-me” which notifies you when the contact becomes available or send him an email request with your availability included. And even then it will query only a few times per hour.

We are planning on improving this to. Any idea is welcome. If you have been following us we release new features and improvements fairly regularly. Between 2 to 4 weeks between each upgrade.

Thanks for your interest butterfly2, the link is iotum.com/blackberry

Looking forward to your feedback and comments, this is your product as much as it is ours.

julien
    Last edited by julien iotum; 03-13-2007 at 05:02 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Thats cool, I'll have to re-visit this application.
    Lets see if I can remember my login.......
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Ok, I already have an account and cannot find a download link without creating a whole new account. What should I do?

iotum no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi - if you already have an account try selecting the menu item "check for updates" from within the Talk-Now application on your BlackBerry, or by navigating to
    www dot iotum dot /downloads/blackberry/talk-now.jad using the BlackBerry browser.

PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I don't have the application......so I'll try the second suggestion

Thanks!

dossw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F01C04

I downloaded this and used it for a few days. It's a bit slow but otherwise a very great app. I was actually going to buy it till I seen it was a monthly subscription of $6.00 each month, which is a show stopper for me. Sell me an app don't make me pay any more monthly fee's than I already pay lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast