I was wondering if I could get some help from my fellow Pinstackers. If you ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Vlingo and BBSmart Shortcut users, please help me troubleshoot.

Advertisement

I was wondering if I could get some help from my fellow Pinstackers. If you currently have Vlingo and/or BBSmart Shortcuts installed on your BB please help me out.

Here's my issue: whenever I use these apps to send an SMS text, I get some hour-glassing(usually only for a second or two...but at other times for 10-15 seconds) and when I go to Alt LGLG and check the event log there are always 2 severe java errors as pictures below:

Most of the time the message still goes through but sometimes fails. And I get these severe java exception every time I use either of these apps for SMS texting. I do not get this if i just send a text the normal native BB way...just with these 2 3rd party apps.......

I have contacted the developers and they both say I am the only one to report this issue. I'm thinking that maybe I'm the only one constantly checking my event log

So if you have these apps installed, please use them to send a text message then check your event log for errors and post the results here on this thread and include model and software package version and whether you had any errors and if you did, what those errors were. Even if you have no errors, please let me know especially if you have the same model and app version I have.....

I want to know if it's just my berry, a 4.3 issue, a CDMA issue, etc.

Also, very important, if you do get any errors, please report them to the developer so they will know how many people are having these issues.....

Alltel 8330 Curve
    Severe Java Exception-Throwable

Thanks in advance for your help
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    TMO 8100 Pearl

Used both of these with logs on and all worked well without the severe warning.

Have you tried deleting them and reinstalling? And if you have, after you deleted them, did you check the modules to see if anything was left over from the application?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

I have deleted and re-installed both apps, I didn't check for leftover modules but I did reboot after deleting and before re-installing...........

I'll try deleteing one of them again and see if any modules remain.......

Keep the ideas coming guys

Edit: I looked for left-over modules but there were none....each of these apps has just one module.....
    Last edited by azstar; 07-18-2008 at 12:13 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Hi, I have both of these apps. Both work fine I don't usually check my event log, unless I want to clear it. But I did to see what happens, I didn't get any java exception errors. I cleared what I had then resent another text, check the log and no errors. I have 8120 Pearl, on Tmobile.

Lets see what others come up with.

Thanks, for testing it out for me, I'm leaning towards it being a 4.3 issue....I think i"m gonna try vlingo on my son's pearl and see what happens...
    Twitter? My Apps List

OK, I just downloaded Vlingo to my son's 8130 Pearl. I used it to send a text and got the same error on his BB...

So, that's two Alltel BBs on 4.3, one 8330 and one 8130

Alltel 8130
    Severe Java Exception-Throwable

So my 4.3 theory seems to be on track but I need confirmation from other users.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    I have an 8320 running 4.5.0.52
    Everything seems to work allright with vlingo. Haven't noticed any java exceptions. Just a hard time getting the listener to correctly recognize my voice.

Thanks for your help, just for clarification, you have to check the event log for these errors...they won't just pop up on your screen....you have to have logging enabled and after sending the SMS message and exiting to your home screen... hold ALT and press the keys L G L G and look for the error there.....

And yeah...the things the voice recognition comes up with sometimes is pretty comical
    Twitter? My Apps List

Bump....any other 8130 or 8330 with either of these apps? Can you test this out?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~