Results 1 to 13 of 13

I just down loaded this application to my phone but am a little nervous to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #1
    des10ey's Avatar
    des10ey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19

    Vlingo application

    Advertisement



    I just down loaded this application to my phone but am a little nervous to use it due to it changing everything in the setup of installing it. Does anyone have this application? How does it work and do you really like it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  2. #2
    Angus_413's Avatar
    Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    1,112
    What do you mean by changing everything in the setup? Ive used it before, it worked great on my curve, i took it off because i really didnt use it that much, but worked like a charm when i did use it.

  3. #3
    markfpatrick's Avatar
    markfpatrick no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16

    Thumbs up Vlingo

    I have used it on three BB and I love the application. I have never had any issue with the setting changes.

  4. #4
    Mortgage_Man's Avatar
    Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    362
    I have the app installed right now and I love it. It works great for dialing or texting or google searching while driving, etc.

    It will do many things based on voice command.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  5. #5
    Cano's Avatar
    Cano no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    108

    Post Vlingo

    I have it on my 8900 and I'd say its useful when ur on the road or if u feel lazy to do a search by typing letters in to ur browser. It will pick up about 80% of what you say but it is the most accurate one out that i know of. If there is noise in the background, the percentage is more like 55%. I mainly use it when i am driving so i can keep my eyes on the road when the recipitant of the text cannot pick up their phone. Its worth trying. But if you dont like it, you can always delete it. Another thing that I do not like is normally i have my side buttons assigned to camera and browser. (Camera left button, browser right botton). With any voice prompt applications, you are are required to use atleast one of these convenience buttons.

    As for the set-up aspect you are talking about, the only thing u are really setting up is the convenience keys i mentioned above (either right or left), and the only thing it does during setup is direct u to the part of ur blackberry menu options that changes which program you assign to those convenience keys. That is it. If you decide not to keep the program, delete it. Then you can always go back to Options- Screen/keyboard- (then adjust your left or right convenience keys to your preference). Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Cano; 03-11-2009 at 08:19 AM.

  6. #6
    banglaberry's Avatar
    banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Posts
    265
    I have used on 8700g, 8100 and Bold. Virtually been following the app's development from the very beginning. Now its quite mature and wonderful app for voice search (yahoo or google), send text, email using voice, voice update facebook, twitter, voice dial, note to self, etc. The people behind its development are real researchers and have all through considered user friendliness.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  7. #7
    mudshovel's Avatar
    mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    1,314
    I use it also, specifically when i'm driving. Works great for google searching, texts and emails.

    It's better to use it than to try to type while driving imho

  8. #8
    des10ey's Avatar
    des10ey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    What do you mean by changing everything in the setup? Ive used it before, it worked great on my curve, i took it off because i really didnt use it that much, but worked like a charm when i did use it.
    Sorry...what I mean is that it during set up, it asks you to change some settings...so that scared me, but not I see that it asks that because it has to...it's not like I can't change the settings back. But I wander now if I use the voice function (to call someone instead of dialing it) if it will work.

  9. #9
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164
    it will override the RIM version of voice dialing.

    its really a neat app and like others have said, i use it when im driving to txt and look up stuff. my kids always laugh at me tho

  10. #10
    des10ey's Avatar
    des10ey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    I have it on my 8900 and I'd say its useful when ur on the road or if u feel lazy to do a search by typing letters in to ur browser. It will pick up about 80% of what you say but it is the most accurate one out that i know of. If there is noise in the background, the percentage is more like 55%. I mainly use it when i am driving so i can keep my eyes on the road when the recipitant of the text cannot pick up their phone. Its worth trying. But if you dont like it, you can always delete it. Another thing that I do not like is normally i have my side buttons assigned to camera and browser. (Camera left button, browser right botton). With any voice prompt applications, you are are required to use atleast one of these convenience buttons.

    As for the set-up aspect you are talking about, the only thing u are really setting up is the convenience keys i mentioned above (either right or left), and the only thing it does during setup is direct u to the part of ur blackberry menu options that changes which program you assign to those convenience keys. That is it. If you decide not to keep the program, delete it. Then you can always go back to Options- Screen/keyboard- (then adjust your left or right convenience keys to your preference). Hope this helps!
    Thanks!! This helped a lot...thanks everyone I am going to finish the installation today...I will let you all know how it works..thanks for the great feedback.

  11. #11
    des10ey's Avatar
    des10ey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    19
    I just installed it and tested it and I LOVE it!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  12. #12
    banglaberry's Avatar
    banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Posts
    265
    Great. Enjoy.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  13. #13
    Cano's Avatar
    Cano no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    108

    Thumbs up Vlingo

    Quote Originally Posted by des10ey View Post
    I just installed it and tested it and I LOVE it!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Glad we were able to help Des! Enjoy the app!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •