I just down loaded this application to my phone but am a little nervous to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

des10ey no está en línea Stack level 1

Vlingo application

Advertisement

I just down loaded this application to my phone but am a little nervous to use it due to it changing everything in the setup of installing it. Does anyone have this application? How does it work and do you really like it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    What do you mean by changing everything in the setup? Ive used it before, it worked great on my curve, i took it off because i really didnt use it that much, but worked like a charm when i did use it.

markfpatrick no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Vlingo

I have used it on three BB and I love the application. I have never had any issue with the setting changes.

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the app installed right now and I love it. It works great for dialing or texting or google searching while driving, etc.

It will do many things based on voice command.

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

Post Vlingo

I have it on my 8900 and I'd say its useful when ur on the road or if u feel lazy to do a search by typing letters in to ur browser. It will pick up about 80% of what you say but it is the most accurate one out that i know of. If there is noise in the background, the percentage is more like 55%. I mainly use it when i am driving so i can keep my eyes on the road when the recipitant of the text cannot pick up their phone. Its worth trying. But if you dont like it, you can always delete it. Another thing that I do not like is normally i have my side buttons assigned to camera and browser. (Camera left button, browser right botton). With any voice prompt applications, you are are required to use atleast one of these convenience buttons.

As for the set-up aspect you are talking about, the only thing u are really setting up is the convenience keys i mentioned above (either right or left), and the only thing it does during setup is direct u to the part of ur blackberry menu options that changes which program you assign to those convenience keys. That is it. If you decide not to keep the program, delete it. Then you can always go back to Options- Screen/keyboard- (then adjust your left or right convenience keys to your preference). Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Cano; 03-11-2009 at 08:19 AM.

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I have used on 8700g, 8100 and Bold. Virtually been following the app's development from the very beginning. Now its quite mature and wonderful app for voice search (yahoo or google), send text, email using voice, voice update facebook, twitter, voice dial, note to self, etc. The people behind its development are real researchers and have all through considered user friendliness.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I use it also, specifically when i'm driving. Works great for google searching, texts and emails.

It's better to use it than to try to type while driving imho

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    What do you mean by changing everything in the setup? Ive used it before, it worked great on my curve, i took it off because i really didnt use it that much, but worked like a charm when i did use it.
    Sorry...what I mean is that it during set up, it asks you to change some settings...so that scared me, but not I see that it asks that because it has to...it's not like I can't change the settings back. But I wander now if I use the voice function (to call someone instead of dialing it) if it will work.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    it will override the RIM version of voice dialing.

its really a neat app and like others have said, i use it when im driving to txt and look up stuff. my kids always laugh at me tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    I have it on my 8900 and I'd say its useful when ur on the road or if u feel lazy to do a search by typing letters in to ur browser. It will pick up about 80% of what you say but it is the most accurate one out that i know of. If there is noise in the background, the percentage is more like 55%. I mainly use it when i am driving so i can keep my eyes on the road when the recipitant of the text cannot pick up their phone. Its worth trying. But if you dont like it, you can always delete it. Another thing that I do not like is normally i have my side buttons assigned to camera and browser. (Camera left button, browser right botton). With any voice prompt applications, you are are required to use atleast one of these convenience buttons.

As for the set-up aspect you are talking about, the only thing u are really setting up is the convenience keys i mentioned above (either right or left), and the only thing it does during setup is direct u to the part of ur blackberry menu options that changes which program you assign to those convenience keys. That is it. If you decide not to keep the program, delete it. Then you can always go back to Options- Screen/keyboard- (then adjust your left or right convenience keys to your preference). Hope this helps!
    Thanks!! This helped a lot...thanks everyone I am going to finish the installation today...I will let you all know how it works..thanks for the great feedback.

I just installed it and tested it and I LOVE it!!!

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Great. Enjoy.

Cano no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Vlingo

Quote Originally Posted by des10ey View Post
    I just installed it and tested it and I LOVE it!!!
    I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Glad we were able to help Des! Enjoy the app!