Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got he email from Handango, Vlingo 3.0 (free) and Vlingo Plus (one time charge ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Post Vlingo 3.0 and Vlingo Plus now out

Advertisement

Just got he email from Handango, Vlingo 3.0 (free) and Vlingo Plus (one time charge of $17.99) are now out.

Looks like the only difference is you can't text or email from the new free version. IMHO that defeats the whole purpose of why I originally downloaded Vlingo!

Get it at http://vlingo.com/ via PC or your BB Browser. I think I'll skip the Upgrade til I'm over the shock of my previous free app now charging to do what I've always done before..... lol! :d
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F
    im gonna check this out sounds cool...

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    Love it Got the Premium version works awesome with my BT...also if you guys need any help in regards to the program let me know i use it a ton
    Last edited by Schirripal; 05-12-2009 at 07:07 AM. Reason: update
    RedCurv07

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    I just bought the premium version too...but the translation seems pretty bad using a bluetooth...its pretty hilarios what it comes out of the translation lol
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

webmerlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sorry to say I dropped it. I got it oiriginally for txt and emails. I don't care for upgrades that take away functionality and hold you hostage. Add features, then a charge for that addded fubnctionality makes sence.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I had to update my vlingo from the 8320 to the 8900 and now I can't talk to text unless I pay. I guess its not too bad considering how much I use it and it is funny what it sometimes spits out as a reesponse for something you said. So its worth it.

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yeah I have t admit the entertainment value alone is worth 18 bucks lol! I am still annoyed that they're charging for it now but hey, at least its only a one off charge.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Couldn't agree with you more.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    17.99 to send dictated messages to anybody. Wow. I remember when I could do that without having to pay anything. What a lame way to make an extra buck. I have been a huge vlingo fan since it was in beta. I'm deleting it now, because that's not right
    Last edited by green_light; 05-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.

bearyhply no está en línea Stack level 2
    So what are the new features. I mean why pay to upgrade if I can't use for text and my version works and was free?

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by bearyhply View Post
    So what are the new features. I mean why pay to upgrade if I can't use for text and my version works and was free?
    I honestly don't see any reason to upgrade if your current version is still working, I'm still using V 2 on my Pearl atm, if I need to upgrade with another Device later I may consider it, it's still only a one off charge so hopefully they give you a Key to use, any of you guys who're rocking Vlingo Plus confirm that for me??
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Is it true that if you upgrade to the premium version that texts, from voice, will only go to other BB users with premium package installed too?

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Don't think it's that extreme. Anyone confirm that though? I'm still using version 2 so I can't anwer for sure. Sounds a bit over the top though.

tikim143 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2087E5EB
    I have a blackberry 8310 and I downloaded Vlingo. Well this is the message I receive when trying 2 open the app:

Determining the best connection type.

Testing TCP...1/3

I checked my options in my browser and the emulation mode is set to openwave gateway.
    Now do I need 2 change that (to: Blackberry, Netscape, ect..) Or what?

Or does that setting evan mqatter? Lol

ted
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hi Tikim143, You're Emulation in your Browser options won't make any difference to Vlingo. I'd say the connection type would be BIS-B if it's available, but otherwise I believe the App actually tests the connections available from your device and automatically selects the ideal one.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that too- Thanx Guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast