Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anybody have any feedback about this app before I decide to download it? Sounds ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

beave84 no está en línea Stack level 1

Vlingo??

Advertisement

Does anybody have any feedback about this app before I decide to download it? Sounds like a really sweet program, but as usual there's always some kinks and bugs in there somewhere. Lol. Looking for some good and bad 411 on it. Thanks guys!!

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    It seems to work pretty well. Picks things up better than the voice dialing. I'm not sure I'll keep it, but pretty cool so far. Just my $.02.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    well I guess it depends on who your service provider I cant get past step 4 of the config. I have an 8100 with T-Mobile and it seems the only people with T-Mobile that have been able to get it is the wifi phones

jembrey73 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So far so good. Install went pretty easy and I have used it to send several text messages so far. Have not tried to dictate an email yet. It even works better than the default voice dial.

mike213735 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

APN Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Brian80 View Post
    well I guess it depends on who your service provider I cant get past step 4 of the config. I have an 8100 with T-Mobile and it seems the only people with T-Mobile that have been able to get it is the wifi phones
    I had the same problem until I entered the APN settings for my carrier (O2 UK) and then it moved on.

I did the "message X I am trying some new software" and most of the words were wrong. It worked well with things like "OPEN ADDRESS BOOK"

Try it!

Thanks
    Mike

dallaskid85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Its pretty awesome, I had to download it twice for it to work, but its worth it. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I got it download on the first shot...but turned out to be a pretty useless app...I type faster than that app takes to recognize my voice n send a msg. I deleted it rite away..no point in keeping an app that I won't use n is going to take memory up...

Its a real cool app tho...just wasn't for me...maybe for the ppl who are new to bb...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    It's a cool app, but I wont pay for it (if I have too)

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    No reason to not download it and try it yourself if you ask me.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    its a FREE app flash

i like it...it will learn and become faster when converting the voice to txt as you use it.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    I got it download on the first shot...but turned out to be a pretty useless app...I type faster than that app takes to recognize my voice n send a msg. I deleted it rite away..no point in keeping an app that I won't use n is going to take memory up...

Its a real cool app tho...just wasn't for me...maybe for the ppl who are new to bb...
    I agree.......I was a part of the first go around for beta!! and I just tested it and gave feedback, but it was pretty slow!! It is definitely a kool app, but like you, I can access my email/sms and compose 3x faster than Vlingo does it...so it's fairly useless for me too!! I downloaded it out of curiosity to see how it came along upon release, but I had too many issues with installing it and getting it to work so I deleted it too!! over-hyped IMO

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3
    For me, downloading & installation went without a hitch. Maybe I was just lucky, but oh well.

As far as the app itself, I like it. I don't particularly use the dictation for sms or emails, since I can type faster, but do use it for short messages so that it'll learn. I do use the websearch & have since taken both yahoo onesearch & tellme off of my bb.

I would definitely recommend you try it out & see if it's for you. As for me, I'll be keeping it for a while.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Seems the reviews on This app are very mixed.
    I did not have any issue downloading the app and setting it up. I have tried to use it multiple times and really am not terribly keen on it.
    The issues that I experience is maybe I don't speak super clear or loud enough and it tends to break apart words. And then I have to edit and usually re edit the message.
    The idea of it learning your voice and becoming better faster and easier to use in time is appealing but I don't think that I have the patience.
    The idea of it is awesome but in the end I feel that using your thumbs to compose your messages is just part of the BB culture. And likely that's how I am going to roll OLD SCHOOL.
    Again keep in mind it is a free app and can be removed if its not your cup a tea.
    Later regards cHAd via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    its a FREE app flash

i like it...it will learn and become faster when converting the voice to txt as you use it.

LOL yea I know it's free, just saying, if I have to pay for it, I wont

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    ive been creating my grocery List with Vlingo by using note2self LOL
    RedCurv07

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast