Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When will I learn that the reason why I got rid of this app to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional

Viigo Viigo Viigo...

When will I learn that the reason why I got rid of this app to begin with was because it used to drain my poor 8310's battery. Well, it's no different this time around with my 8900 when will I learn? Deleting...
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    Spare battery lol jk its a good app though. So it the app so good its worth to drain it?
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Battery wasn't my problem with it, it was memory. HUGE leak. I install it every once in awhile when I travel, but always uninstall it when I get home. It would force a reboot withing 10 minutes of use. I've tried just about every update that's come along, and it hasn't changed.

jmareditor no está en línea Stack level 1
    I started using Viigo in Nov. 2008 when I got my Bold, so I've upgraded 3 or 4 times since then. With the exception of the second upgrade, I haven't experienced a huge battery drain or memory leak. Although, this week, I just changed to the Viigo with ExploreMusic and that appears to be dragging my Bold down. So, I'm going back to the less-enhanced Viigo 3.1.330.

I can't live without Viigo. It meets all my needs including Pinstack posts, so I don't need a lot of other apps. The only suggestion I can offer is I read most of my feeds via text offline. I rarely launch the browser within Viigo unless I absolutely have to. Don't know if this will help or not since we have different BBs. Just a thought.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have always had big issues with viigo and memory too...right now it is archived to my memory card via app world and I rarely use it. It's got tons of nice features, my old 8330 just can't handle it well though, something lighter like the PinStack reader works better for me right now.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Never once had an issue with memory loss or battery drain from Viigo. By far my most favorite app and would never wanna be without it
    BlackBerry8900/ Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    You know experienced the memory leaking and the force reboots with the earlier versions of Viigo on my 8320. Although, since I have downloaded the Viigo for BlackBerry version, it runs a lot smoother works properly. I'm cool with it now have no issues since and this is just a great overall app for me.
    BlackBerry8320/ Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really liked the app but as has been indicated the app has gotten huge and tramples what little memory I have available on my phone.

However they have indicated they will be releasing a Viigo Lite soon. I am excited to see what that is fgoing to be like.

F'em and Feed'em Fisheads!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Been using this app for quite a while and never had a second worth of trouble from it. Before I found the PodCasts app, I used Viigo to listen to all of my favorites. I found I had to limit the number of articles it updated on startup though. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 by default.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    Viigo has been hit and miss for me: I do love it a lot and use it every day. Battery drainage has not been an issue, as I have the update settings at every 2hrs, so not too much of a hit. But memory - yeah it freezes my berry every time it does the update so I know when it's happening. LOL. I'm also running an 8900 and it's just essential for me because I read the news and stay to-date on other happens. I love RSS and so far, by my experiences, Viigo has been the best. Other then the odd issue here and there.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I found Viigo to be a HUGE memory and battery drain, no matter what device it is on- chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    It's NOT worth it!
    SLOW, memory hog, battery hog!Just how long does Viigo need to be in beta?
    Evidently for a very long time.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

crutcherk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love it but I had to let it go. It eats too much memory and locks my device almost constantly.
    BlackBerry8830/ Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    The way I solved the memory issues was to actually close the app when i'm not using it, since I use it infrequently. If its not running in the background I have no memory issues whatsoever. And also the latest version really fixed a lot of bugs that were storm related.

spiketoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Twas a POS for moi. I use Freerange and its a nice lil app with low overhead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast