Hello, I have been using Viigo(personal edition) on my 8310 Curve for the last month ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Jeffreyefrank no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Viigo stopped working???

Advertisement

Hello,
    I have been using Viigo(personal edition) on my 8310 Curve for the last month without any problems. My cell carrier is at&t- (USA). As of 3 days ago I have not gotten any rss feed updates?? When I click to ""Update All Channels"- the hour glass is spinning at boot right corner of screen but nothing happens. I also see the blue incoming and outgoing arrows at top right corner of BB. My default Network setting is set at "auto" with Network carrier default setting of "at&t."
    Can someone please help? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Thanks

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I've been getting updates, but not for all my channels.

They did a server upgrade a little over a week ago and noticed that service was dramatically faster. But if they aren't updating everything I have through them, what's the point?
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Last Saturday- When they completed their Server upgrade I noticed an obvious positive change to their service and speed! That went well for 5 days- Until Thursday- Since then I have not received any new feeds????

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've had no trouble with not getting feeds, had new ones this morning.....the only thing I've noticed different lately is some of the feeds are coming in duplicate and triplicate lately, but not on all feeds, just 2 or 3 of them. But I guess extras are better than noe at all.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I set up "My Account" in Viirgo. I don't believe I changed or was even given the choice do disable feeds. Not sure what is going on. Does anybody know why feeds have not bbeen coming in? See my above explanation.
    Thanks.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    I have noticed that some feeds are coming in duplicate, but have not noticed them not updating at all. Maybe you should try and re-install it OTA from viigo.com

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5
    Hey everyone - thanks for the discussion. Some feedback / and some questions:

bsjmcconnell - we've noticed duplicate articles in certain feeds, specifically some Reuters feeds. We've investigated this, and it's nothing on our end. Sometimes publishers post duplicate articles. Please advise what feeds you're noticing this on.

mjwood - approximately how many channels do you subscribe to? And what are your article settings (found under Options > articles).

Jeffrey - If your feeds are not updating, please manually restart Viigo. Do so by clicking Menu > Close, save all items. Then reopen Viigo. This will reestablish a new connection to the Viigo server. When Viigo attempts to connect in an out of area coverage zone, Viigo automatically times out bc it cannot make a connection. The only way to reconnect (at the moment) is by doing a manual close. If this doesn't work for you, send me a PM and we'll move forward from there.

*Note to the Power Stackers - Viigo currently supports a 1,000 article limit. From chatting with many power stackers, I've come to learn that it's not uncommon for you to subscribe to something north of 100 feeds (with super power stackers subscribing to over 500).

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hello Jess:
    I always completely closeout Viigo before just exiting. I counted the channels and it's approx 149 channels.
    Please help.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

kosin no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ mine is working fine, maybe 3 or 4 channels didn't update since friday...

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Mine is fine too and I have a lot of channels. My recommendation is to uninstall it and re-install the software. This a great Idea because you get the newest version and it fixes most issues.

Good luck and I hope this helps you put.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I tookoff my channels that I had with My Yahoo. It's now working fine. Too many channels.

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5
    Sorry for the delayed response Jeffrey... Glad Viigo is up and running smoothly for you.

I'd like to de-brief with you a little bit (if you have time)- it would benefit Viigo to learn whether this had something to do with a) yahoo! integration, b) too many feeds, c) a bit of both d) none of the above. (If I ever decide to change professions, I'll consider writing multiple choice exams).

There seems to be a threshold for how many feeds Viigo can handle (for now)... and it depends largely on the number of articles published by each feed.

If you have some time to debrief, please Private Message me.

Thanks,

Jesse
    Last edited by jesssquire; 03-11-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: (elaborate further)