Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I tried unistalling Viigo (I originally installed it OTA) and the icon is still ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Viigo icon wont go away

Advertisement

So I tried unistalling Viigo (I originally installed it OTA) and the icon is still on the desktop after I go through the unistall process. I've tried unbistalling it twice as well as reinstalling it, then unistalling it again. It's not a big deal but just wondering why the icon is still there. Any ideas?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Sometimes icons stay there but are just launch icons to install the actual program. Handango does the same thing. What I can suggest is just to hide it and make believe its not there lol.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Sometimes icons stay there but are just launch icons to install the actual program. Handango does the same thing. What I can suggest is just to hide it and make believe its not there lol.
    Not to sound like an *** but that really does sound like you just wanted to post but really had no answer to the question. If uninstalled correctly the icon will also uninstall. Are you uninstalling using DM or through the device? Have you tried removing the battery or clearing the memory after uninstall?

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by saukrateaz View Post
    Not to sound like an *** but that really does sound like you just wanted to post but really had no answer to the question. If uninstalled correctly the icon will also uninstall. Are you uninstalling using DM or through the device? Have you tried removing the battery or clearing the memory after uninstall?
    look here "socrates" (lol) that was totally unnecessary and i was answering his issue. if you want to add something thats fine but that was my OWN suggestion. and when someone says "not to sound like" its because they know they will. and i was also basing it on the info he provided so far.

You may also want to try to reinstall viigo to uninstall with the DM to geta fresh run at it.

Lucky,
    Calm down he asked for suggestions on how to remedy. You provided nothing to HELP REMEDY so it looks like you just want to see youself post.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    absolutely not. his issue was with the icon still being visible after supposedly uninstalling the application. if you actually read his post he said he has already tried reinstalling and uninstalling again. so since that can be solved, according to what we know, i addressed the issue of the icon still being visible. think and read before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    absolutely not. his issue was with the icon still being visible after supposedly uninstalling the application. if you actually read his post he said he has already tried reinstalling and uninstalling again. so since that can be solved, according to what we know, i addressed the issue of the icon still being visible. think and read before you post.
    your right, my apologies.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

PIN/ID
    N/A
    no need to apologize you had the right to comment blame it on it being Monday lol

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

I had the same problem when i unistalled some apps using the delete option but when i added some new ones to the phone through my desktop it recognized that the icon shouldnt be there and that fixed it for me so if u did the same thing as me i would sugest using the desktop manager for all that if that doesnt work i would suggest maybe upgrading or installing a different OS version since it might be a glitch on the OS

I did an OTA install and just deleted it through the options menu. I guess I could try and dowload the app to my computer, then reinstall it with DM, then delete it with DM. Maybe that will work. I'll post what I find out

Can someone post a link to the download site please? All I can find is OTA download sites and I want one where I can save the application to my computer.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    the link they have for the pinstack edition does not have a pc file. i guess they assume that if you are trying to get viigo its because you have internet and can dl it through ota

Yeah. There may not be a pc file for this available. Its not a huge deal, just one of those little annoyances

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think he just meant just go through the application loader and just go through the whole process of the loader without actually adding anything and it might delete the icon after you go through the whole process do a battery pull if that works let us know~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Sometimes a simple reboot after uninstalling can remove the icon. Check in Options - Advanced - Applications to see if the program still exists.
    Worst case, you can try, at your own risk, to delete the individual modules for the program. Please only try as a last resort! The modules for Viigo are the ones that start with "com_virtualreach".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast