Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I noticed that several of my "custom" channels that I added didn't update as regularly ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Viigo Auto Update

Advertisement

I noticed that several of my "custom" channels that I added didn't update as regularly as I would have liked.

Digging through the Viigo help menus (click "Help" from the Viigo menu on your BB) I found this:

Note: Depending on the providers TTL (Time to Live) setting, you may or may not see changes in your channel content when you "Update Channel".

So apparently the channel host can set a minimum allowed update time so they don't get flooded with requests. This may be what you're seeing?

hamsup1o no está en línea Stack level 1

Don't know if this is just a coincidence but I noticed that some of my feeds weren't updating properly also. Those that wasn't working had a "/" at the end of the feed's URL. Once I removed the "/", the feeds started to update properly. Again, not sure if that was the cause of it but it worked for me after the changes.

lawizard no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242965bf

I have the same problem with channels not updating properly even when I manually "update all". Sometimes I can get it to manually update a channel individually but my automatic updates stopped working about three days ago.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3

My viigo is doing the same thing for the past couple days now, no updates and now some of my channels have a -1 showing and I can't delete the feed! What's that all about?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

Yep - same issue here... wiped my 8130 to clean install everything, loaded Viigo, successfully restored account/channels. Now for some reason no channels will update. I am sure all of the settings are correct as I've almost memorized them from prior installs (article limit is at 600). Only way to get any articles is to update each feed manually... which then pulls down about 10-20 articles. So now I'm sitting with three channels manually updated and a whopping total of only 50 articles.
    Thoughts?

FYI - a bulletin on their site from 1/23 identifies the issue...

http://bulletins.viigo.com/2008/01/2...server-update/

Viigo Server Update
    Posted on Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008 at 3:56 pm
    Over the last few days our servers have been experiencing heavier than usual traffic. As a result, some of the feeds that you subscribe to in Viigo may not be updating fluidly.
    We are attempting to correct this problem as quickly as possible. In addition to our server upgrade tonight, we’re taking steps to migrate our servers in order to provide you with improved and reliable performance.
    Note - This server delay does not affect the ‘Update Channel’ feature; to check for updates on a particular channel: Select the channel > Click Menu > Update Channel.
    We thank you for your patience.
    Thanks.
    -s
    Last edited by skelzer; 01-28-2008 at 11:47 PM.

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Re: Viigo Auto Update

Quote Originally Posted by rhs1979 View Post
    I am using Viigo (the latest version, pinstack-branded) and the auto update feature suddenly stopped working. I have exited, rebooted, removed the app and reinstalled, but it will not update automatically, only manually. Any suggestions?
    My guess is that one, or more, feeds is broken.
    This is a known bug (and it took me a while to isolate it).
    Scroll thru your feed list, and if you see a red X, delete that/those feeds.

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi all,

Viigo’s user base has grown considerably over the past year. We serve millions and millions of articles per day to users worldwide in multiple languages. Today, Viigo tracks, collects and dispatches over 130,000 distinct RSS Feeds , some with tens of thousands of readers, others with only a handful. As you may have noticed, all of this amazing growth has put our servers under strain.

The server maintenance from last week was the first step in addressing the issues mentioned above. We’re working to continuously optimize our server architecture to provide a better experience for our users. Some key improvements have already been made, and will continue to be made; you’ll begin to see the impact of these improvements over the coming few weeks. We’re also increasing our server capacity substantially as we move to a new data centre in the coming weeks.

So, firstly, thanks for your continued support. Second, thanks for your patience as we make these changes and continue to work hard to make the best mobile experience on the planet even better for our users.

Cheers,
    Pete

Fixxer00 no está en línea Stack level 1

Could you add WiFi support to viigo?

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

I ran into a similar issue using PICONEWS which was my former favorite feed reader. VIIGO at least has a support team that I've noticed addressing things and keeping everyone in the know via Pinstack.

I personally have not noticed any issues with updating feeds, but if I may make a request to VIIGO staff for next update- please allow user to organize feeds into folders and/or possibly hide feeds.

Thank you
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxer00 View Post

Could you add WiFi support to viigo?
    This feature is already on our list of requested features.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    I ran into a similar issue using PICONEWS which was my former favorite feed reader. VIIGO at least has a support team that I've noticed addressing things and keeping everyone in the know via Pinstack.

I personally have not noticed any issues with updating feeds, but if I may make a request to VIIGO staff for next update- please allow user to organize feeds into folders and/or possibly hide feeds.

Thank you
    Thanks peguero for the feedback. This feature is also already on our feature list for Viigo.

Although we may not respond to every single post regarding Viigo, we are always lurking on the pinstack forums, and listening to what our users are saying.

Pete

soggystockings no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c87907

I posted in the viigo forum also about the above issues on "update all channels". I love the program though.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12