Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am using Viigo (the latest version, pinstack-branded) and the auto update feature suddenly stopped ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F

Viigo Auto Update

Advertisement

I am using Viigo (the latest version, pinstack-branded) and the auto update feature suddenly stopped working. I have exited, rebooted, removed the app and reinstalled, but it will not update automatically, only manually. Any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    3068886F

Re: Viigo Auto Update

By the way, I LOVE viigo and would like nothing more than to find a solution to the problem, as I read most of my new through this program and it has served me so well already.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Do you get any errors ? is it able to update if you initiate a manual update in the software or do you have to use DM?

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

how do u get the pinstack version
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

its a little off topic from the poster.. but the link is avalible here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d.php?p=452430

PIN/ID
    3068886F

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    Do you get any errors ? is it able to update if you initiate a manual update in the software or do you have to use DM?
    No errors, and it manually updates through the software.

ohh, do I understand you correctly that this is: Update Channel? not update of the software itself?

PIN/ID
    3068886F

Yes, sorry for the confusion, I am talking about the updating of the channels, not the software.

go to options -> article options.

Make sure max articles is set to above the default (maybe this is preventing it?)
    automatic update is yes
    and update interval is whatever you want

PIN/ID
    3068886F

Nah, that;s not it, the articles have not surpassed the limit and it's set to update every half an hour but it isn't doing that.

well, maybe the ultimate solution to all problems: Battery pull?

PIN/ID
    3068886F

Just to clarify and update - the channels will update manually, either through the menu function or by closing and reopening the app. Some of the channels seem to be updating after the app is closed (i have it set to go to background when closed) but it seems like the trickle is odd, some articles marked earlier than others are arriving later ... but that might not have anything to do with viigo.

robchow no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the same problem with Viigo's auto update. I set the interval for 30 minutes but sometimes it does not update for two hours (in Viigo go to Options - Status).

On a similar note, when I do a manual "Update All Channels," not all channels are updated. I can tell by doing a manual "Update Channel" on a feed and see new feeds. I think this may have something to do with Viigo's servers doing a pull every two hours???

I find that Viigo is not good for Pinstack or the other BB forum RSS feeds but is great otherwise. I use FreeRange Reader for Pinstack and the other BB forum RSS and Viigo for all other feeds. I am currently testing NewsGator Go as it is free now to see if I can use one RSS reader.

PIN/ID
    3068886F

Rob - thanks for the insight. Maybe it's pointless to even set it to update any more than every 2 hours. Even so, Viigo suits my needs really well. Let us know how NewsGator is.

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have exactly the same symptoms. I had the autoupdate set to 30 minutes and not all channels would update, but some would update manually. I changed the autoupdate to 1 hour, same thing. So two hours seems like the next step.

I like Viigo however is there an upper limit of rss feeds before things start to go buggy? I haven't counted all my feeds, but I have quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by robchow View Post
    I have the same problem with Viigo's auto update. I set the interval for 30 minutes but sometimes it does not update for two hours (in Viigo go to Options - Status).

On a similar note, when I do a manual "Update All Channels," not all channels are updated. I can tell by doing a manual "Update Channel" on a feed and see new feeds. I think this may have something to do with Viigo's servers doing a pull every two hours???

I find that Viigo is not good for Pinstack or the other BB forum RSS feeds but is great otherwise. I use FreeRange Reader for Pinstack and the other BB forum RSS and Viigo for all other feeds. I am currently testing NewsGator Go as it is free now to see if I can use one RSS reader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast