Hope I'm posting this in the right place and thanks in advance for any replies. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

itsrick no está en línea Stack level 1

Viigo and Google Reader

Advertisement

Hope I'm posting this in the right place and thanks in advance for any replies.

I freakin love viigo on my curve and I use google reader very frequently when I'm on a pc.

Obviously google reader on a pc is a much better aggragator on a pc than the viigo site...but, how can I have both of these list all the same feeds??

I know that viigo has support for showing your google reader feeds- which is really cool but not the problem. What if I find some great rss feeds through viigo and i want to read them through google reader on the pc. Is there any way to add viigo to google reader?

My only other option is to manually sync the two and remove google reader from viigo. When I add a feed to viigo, go find the address on the viigo site and add it to google reader...and vice versa.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there any other way for these two amazing rss feeders to peacefully co-exist?? tia

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Ha! I had to give up on Google for that very reason. I found myself reading more on Viigo than in Google and got very frustrated trying to solve this very problem. I did, like you, try the "Add Aggrigator" method, but it's not useful for synchronizing.

Perhaps there's another application out there beside Viigo that syncs with Reader!

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    Ha! I had to give up on Google for that very reason. I found myself reading more on Viigo than in Google and got very frustrated trying to solve this very problem. I did, like you, try the "Add Aggrigator" method, but it's not useful for synchronizing.

Perhaps there's another application out there beside Viigo that syncs with Reader!
    I knew it!! There had to be someone else out there! But...you gave up?! That doesn't bode well for my hopes of a good solution.

So what do you use now, if anything, for a pc based rss reader?

Also, please anyone else chime in if you have anything at all...cough..viigodevs...cough..

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Well, I do use Google, but I'm working on an actual "plan" on how to use Google and Viigo independently. Trying to figure out what I tend to like to read from each location. Generally I like "news" type info from Google, but my "entertaining technology" readying from Viigo (while on the bus to/from work).

Then if I find something on Viigo that I want to read more about on a computer I just "Email Me" the article and read further.

Yes, sad. I hate thinking this much. Planning this type crap out. hehe

Funny, I am doing the exact same thing. Emailing myself is starting to get old - and i've only done it a half a dozen times.

Again, the only solution I have come up with is to have two duplicate lists that I update manually and take google reader out of viigo. I think the optimal solution would be for google reader to incorporate viigo (and not reflect that on viigo resulting in an endless loop), but should that be in the google forums and not here?

I hate thinking this much
    There has to be another way.

DaCeige no está en línea Stack level 1

Lol... I did this very thing this morning.

Yeah... just took all my Viigo feeds, and copied them into Google Reader. Then I Deleted them from the Viigo interface (which would log me out every 3 I deleted, weird). Added the Google Reader Aggrigator to viigo, and volia. I wish it would sync my unread marks, but alas, not yet. Viigo are you listening.

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5
    Yes - We're listening! Thanks for the interesting feedback about Google Reader.

DaCeige - you mentioned that after every 3 articles you delete you get logged out... what are you getting logged out of: Viigo, or MyViigo.com? I'd like to look into this issue a little bit further - please PM me.

DaCeige - that actually sounds like the least painful option; every time (or whenever you feel like it) you add a feed through viigo on your bb, to then add it to google reader and delete it from viigo, meanwhile keeping the google reader feeds in viigo.

Viigo are you listening.
    I second that. Please viigo, please. Your product is great but just read above and tell me if that makes any sense. So many hoops...there has to be another way.

I guess they aren't listening after all. Oh well, probably wasn't the right place to post anyway. Looks like I'm stuck doing it the manual way that DaCeige described.

By the way, thanks DaCeige.