Hi I have historically kept my personal notes in a series of 100 small hyperlinked ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jcbb2007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Viewing Local html on Blackberry 8100

Advertisement

Hi

I have historically kept my personal notes in a series of 100 small hyperlinked html files (Exported from Wikidpad*) on the data card of my mobile phones in the past as it is quick to load,secure,no data charges and works in hospitals with thick walls. I have just upgraded to a 8100 which excels as a organiser, email device and contacts manager I didn't realise there was a lack of support for displaying local html I feel i am left with a few options, none of which I am that happy with:-

1. Store all data on Internet and access..Slow, Expensive for Bandwidth if used daily.
    2. Use eOffice to access Local stored Word files.

anyone have any suggestions..

Regards

James

(* Example at medicalnerds.com/how-to-make-notes-efficentlywith-wikidpad/ not mean't to be linkspam!)

Re: Viewing Local html on Blackberry 8100

Ok answering my own question...

You can upload html files to a folder on the media card and using Explore on the media menu you can view the html there..its a different browser to the built in one, but it renders the html and relative links correctly...

eg.

Media>>Media Card>>BlackBerry>Wiki>Wiki.html

If any one has any suggestions on how to create a "short cut" on the BlackBerry Desktop so you don't have to navigate through it would be appreciated.

Regards

James

Re: Viewing Local html on Blackberry 8100

To correct my last post, html relative links don't work, you can use 'NEXT' to navigate to the next html file, but it will not load a relative link correctly..

Will try looking at third party J2ME solutions...