Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good suggestion. In general, I've noticed that common RSS feeds (such as Yahoo! Top Stories, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5

Re: v2.2.7.0 Suggestions

Advertisement

Good suggestion. In general, I've noticed that common RSS feeds (such as Yahoo! Top Stories, for example), will publish the same article multiple times throughout the day... this results in duplicates within the same the feed as well.

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Re: v2.2.7.0 Suggestions

Is there a Users Guide or FAQ somewhere?

I'm curious:
    1. Why does auto-update only save 5 items at a time? I've watch during auto-update, and I see more come in, but only 5 are kept. Which 5? The oldest or the newest?
    2. What happens to the other items, will they be shown to me at the next auto-update?

Is upgrading the web interface on the list?
    It would be very nice to have the abllity to:
    1. in addition to the URL, see the "title/name" of the feed (in another column)
    2. Have the ability to sort either of these columns

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F

Categorizing is key. I think personally that tags are better than folders, though both would be nice.

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by o1sowise View Post
    Is there a Users Guide or FAQ somewhere?

I'm curious:
    1. Why does auto-update only save 5 items at a time? I've watch during auto-update, and I see more come in, but only 5 are kept. Which 5? The oldest or the newest?
    2. What happens to the other items, will they be shown to me at the next auto-update?
    Thanks for all the feedback o1sowise and feature requests.

1. Auto update will save a number of articles based on certain factors, such as maximum number of articles, and total number of feeds subscribed to.

So if you'd like to increase the number of articles in a feed, try:

-increasing the number of total articles
    -decreasing the number of subscribed to channels

The next release of Viigo will allow users to set the maximum number of articles for their channel subscriptions (globally, one setting for all channels). This will help avoid one particular channel 'hogging' a large number of articles.

Hope this helps.
    Pete

Is upgrading the web interface on the list?
    It would be very nice to have the abllity to:
    1. in addition to the URL, see the "title/name" of the feed (in another column)
    2. Have the ability to sort either of these columns
    Upgrading the web interface for MyViigo is on our list of features.

Thanks for the continued feedback and feature requests.

Pete

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by petey View Post
    The next release of Viigo will allow users to set the maximum number of articles for their channel subscriptions (globally, one setting for all channels). This will help avoid one particular channel 'hogging' a large number of articles.
    This is fantastic, definitely the #1 feature I've been wanting in Viigo. I just found this thread and was about to post such a suggestion.

Just so I'm clear, there will not be an option to set maximum number of articles separately per channel? e.g. I'd like to limit the # of articles for a traffic update channel, but have no limits (or a much higher limit) on the # of articles for a news channel.

Thanks!

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

Quick note - when selecting between multiple email accounts to send an article, Viigo always defaults back to main email addy in a contact, irregardless of the actual account that was selected.
    An example of this would be that I have my work address listed in my contact card. When trying to forward an article to my work email address Viigo always picks my Hotmail address (even when I select the actual work addy). I can't access Hotmail from work so I effectively have no way to forward links to the office (unless I delete all other addys from my contact card).
    Not a big deal but figured might be worth adding to a list somewhere?
    Thanks for an awesome app!
    -s

Oh yeah, forgot to add one more (sorry for the barrage... just hoping to help polish my favorite app on the Pearl)

- seems that although the Channel Alerts do activate the LED, somehow there is no audio/vibrate notification (yes, I have it correctly configured in my Profiles).
    - while you're there... any chance you could add a way to pick LED color? Would rock to have a bright, neon green LED to distinguish Viigo alerts

Thanks again!
    -s

Lightbulb Re: v2.2.7.0 Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    Quick note - when selecting between multiple email accounts to send an article, Viigo always defaults back to main email addy in a contact, irregardless of the actual account that was selected.
    An example of this would be that I have my work address listed in my contact card. When trying to forward an article to my work email address Viigo always picks my Hotmail address (even when I select the actual work addy). I can't access Hotmail from work so I effectively have no way to forward links to the office (unless I delete all other addys from my contact card).
    Not a big deal but figured might be worth adding to a list somewhere?
    Thanks for an awesome app!
    -s
    A few work-arounds, until they fix this:
    1. reorder your e-mails within the contact so that your work address is the first one. This will "fix" the Viigo bug, and you can select hotmail from other e-mail applications.
    2. create a new contact (Me or Me@Work) with just your work address, just for using in Viigo.

A few work-arounds, until they fix this:
    1. reorder your e-mails within the contact so that your work address is the first one. This will "fix" the Viigo bug, and you can select hotmail from other e-mail applications.
    2. create a new contact (Me or Me@Work) with just your work address, just for using in Viigo.
    '

Great suggestions o1sowise.

Yes, this is a known issue. It has to do with the way the address book is setup, and getting around the 'first' address in the list for a contact.

Thanks,
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by rabbott View Post
    This is fantastic, definitely the #1 feature I've been wanting in Viigo. I just found this thread and was about to post such a suggestion.

Just so I'm clear, there will not be an option to set maximum number of articles separately per channel? e.g. I'd like to limit the # of articles for a traffic update channel, but have no limits (or a much higher limit) on the # of articles for a news channel.

Thanks!
    Yes, you are correct. You will not be able to set a maximum number of articles separately per channel.
    This setting would apply to all channels globally.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot to add one more (sorry for the barrage... just hoping to help polish my favorite app on the Pearl)

- seems that although the Channel Alerts do activate the LED, somehow there is no audio/vibrate notification (yes, I have it correctly configured in my Profiles).
    - while you're there... any chance you could add a way to pick LED color? Would rock to have a bright, neon green LED to distinguish Viigo alerts

Thanks again!
    -s
    Cool suggestions!

Pete

Thanks, Pete, for all your quick and detailed responses.

One question still remains: What happens to the other items, will they be shown to me at the next auto-update?

For example, if a feed has new items inside, Viigo 2.2.7 will only show me 5. What happens to the others? If I read the 5 I can see, will Viigo show me the other ones the next time it does an auto-update or are they lost forever?

BTW- o1sowise... thanks for the workaround... def makes life easier!

Also, Petey, thanks to you and M for help resolving my issues over the last week.
    Everything's working great - phew! Tis almost pathetic how reliant I've become on Viigo to keep me plugged into this busy world
    Last edited by skelzer; 02-03-2008 at 01:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast