If I use MaxMex to free up some space on my Pearl 8120, can I ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question Using MaxMem to Free up space

Advertisement

If I use MaxMex to free up some space on my Pearl 8120, can I get rid of only selected items like themes and useless wallpaper? Last time I used it, I could no longer use the "About" selection in options to see device info - advise please?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    I didn't realize MaxMem would touch the .cod file for the About information. That should be part of one of the core .cod files for the OS.

If you have the latest OS for your device on your PC, and if MaxMem does delete one of the .cod files that contain the About info, the next time you connect to the Desktop Manager, it should update/replace any OS related files.

we'll see - thanks

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Something else you have going for you is that no one else has had that problem. It was likely some sort of freak anomaly, something with a 1 hundred billion to one chance of happening, but only if the outside temperature and windspeed were exactly right.

You should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    On my 8130, anytime I remove the VAD the Options/About no longer opens....they seem to be connected.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    On my 8130, anytime I remove the VAD the Options/About no longer opens....they seem to be connected.

That could be; RIM packs a lot of the graphics related goodies into the Zen theme.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

That makes sense because there is a screen in the About that is all about the speech recognition by VoiceSignal.

So by removing VAD, you probably remove that screen and it just messes up the whole About entirely, not letting you view the other screens.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

that's it - thanks everyone...Now - is there anyway to free up memory by deleting themes, wallpapers, videos, etc. without going the Max Mem way?

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    that's it - thanks everyone...Now - is there anyway to free up memory by deleting themes, wallpapers, videos, etc. without going the Max Mem way?
    Try the manual way via this thread ...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=13747
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

autisberry no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by terrapin View Post
    If I use MaxMex to free up some space on my Pearl 8120, can I get rid of only selected items like themes and useless wallpaper? Last time I used it, I could no longer use the "About" selection in options to see device info - advise please?
    Once you remove voice dialing then forever can't show the About because it's connected, it doesn't important right? you can always get your version by typing myver on a blank mail etc