Does anyone know how to upload a video to facebook. When I send it from ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3

Question upload video to facebook

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to upload a video to facebook. When I send it from my Blackberry to the email address listed by facebook video@facebook.com, I get a return message stating sorry we cannot support uploads sent via email. You sent from SBC/Yahoo. If you are sending from a phone, it must be configured to send directly. I am confused is there something I need to do to my blackberry to send it directly. I am using a TMO 8320 using 4.5.0.52 OS. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Went to the darkside and got a Vibrant!

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    There seems to be some discrepancy with respect to which address to use. ...
    the video help section says to send email to video@facebook.com

but the mobile help section sez you need to send the video as an MMS to mobile@facebook.com - i did both .. and the only response I got was to my MMS message ... same msg you did, saying "sorry that is not a supported format" eventhough it was in the smaller MMS format and facebook states it supports the following formats:
    • QuickTime Movie (mov)
    • Windows Media Video (wmv)
    • AVI Video (avi)
    • MPEG Video (mpg, mpeg)
    • Windows Media Video (asf)
    • MPEG-4 Video (mp4, mpeg4)
    • Mobile Video (3gpp, 3gp, 3g2)
    • Matroska Format (mkv)
    • Flash Player Video (flv)
    • DVD Video (vob)
    • Ogg Format (ogm)
    • Nullsoft Video (nsv)
    I haven't received a notification about the email with attachment sent to video@ facebook .. let's see what happens ..

in the meantime .. i've sent the facebook team an email .. and am going to try uploading using opera mini. will report back with anything soon.. hopefully.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    close but no cigars!!! almost had it with opera mini .. but when i pick the file on my sd card .. it just sits there.. unlike the desktop which automatically starts uploading.

and with respect with the emailing/ MMS i got the confirmation code when i sent to video@facebook .. but it sed no video attached. then i sent another video .. an mp4 format and it gave me the same thing!!!

lets wait and see what the facebook helpdesk has to say.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the update I haven't tried again, but I will see what you come yp with.