Does anyone know of any Blackberry Software that can upload Mobile photos to your facebook ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question Upload pictures to Facebook with no compression

Advertisement

Does anyone know of any Blackberry Software that can upload Mobile photos to your facebook account with little to no compression?

Facebook Application compresses photos to the point of large pixelation. I see people using it, but It doesn't make sense to me. I've taken some decent photos with my BB and, IMO, uploading via facebook app takes away from the aesthetic of the photo.

iPhone facebook app uploads full photos. This makes sense.

I understand if i want full quality I can simply download via data transfer cable to my pc, and then upload to Facebook (which I am doing now), however, there are times when I'd like to do it on the go, but won't because of compression.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I assume you are talking about uploading them through the app itself. Have you tried opening the picture and selecting send to facebook? I am not sure it will make a difference and it will probably still compress but it's worth a shot. As far as an app that will do it. I am not aware of one.

jfpannone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Moderncowboy:

I'm looking for third party software (not facebook app) as it reduces resolution of pictures before uploading.

They all reduce size, per facebook documentation, but i'm looking for one that does not reduce DPI.

I'm not sure if it exists.

thanks for your reply

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    As far as an app that will do it. I am not aware of one.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Would linking a Flickr account to your Facebook account work? Flickr also has a mobile version you can access from your Blackberry and upload images to.

-From Flickr FAQ

"Can I automatically update my Facebook when I update my photostream?

Yes you can! We’ve made it even easier for you to use Facebook’s import feature. Just go to your account and activate the link (you may be asked to login at Facebook if you are not already). Once you’ve done that, your latest Flickr uploads will be added into your Facebook News Feed and Mini-Feed. "

I don't know first hand if doing it this way will compress the images or not.

Just a thought
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use your mind... Creativity is free!!

Follow me on Twitter

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I wonder if there is a way to email a photo to your account, like you can do with Flickr and have it automatically posted from the email...hmmm...I'll see if I can find anything.

jpfarah no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

I am using the updated Facebook 1.5 and when I upload photos from my phone using the app, the photos are not compressed anymore. This is was only an issue with version 1.2. My photos are uplaoding very nice.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Same here.... using 1.5 uploading pics, no compression at all... sucks cause it's only for 4.6 devices... I can't wait til the official launch of Facebook 1.5 so I can update my 8330