Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I was going through this forum and I noticed that there were a lot ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

unofficial official?!?....

Advertisement

So I was going through this forum and I noticed that there were a lot of applications from wap.getjar.com
    I was wondering can we start a thread with applications from that website that are confirmed working. And for which device. And the quickdownload code. Its kinda like an unofficial official getjar thread

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: unofficial official?!?....

I think this is a great Idea!
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had no problems with the "universal" java programs, although to use some of them like MobileBG you need to set NumLock and only use the phone keypad.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Sounds like a good idea to me.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    I've had no problems with the "universal" java programs, although to use some of them like MobileBG you need to set NumLock and only use the phone keypad.
    Notes like these would be helpful for most of the free programs.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Nakim21 no está en línea Stack level 2

I was wondering if getjar was really as good as it has been billed to be. It seemed to good to be true is the reason I stayed away. But a direct link would be a good idea

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

If one of you are very familiar with GetJar, you could start a new thread in the 3rd Party Software Forum listing GetJar's address and Game/Program Codes. I'm sure many stackers would find this very beneficial.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have had bad luck on these free universal apps most throw a verfication error on start and get quickly deleted but some stuff does work so it would save some users from trial and error
    And delete as I have and maby offer some ad hock support for the apps offered by getjar

joshuaesc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B97E47

So who is going to start the thread? Don't be the one which would say, "man, I wish I had started it".

NerdWeez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30f8565e

That is a great idea... Wth is blackberry not listed on the model types on getjar though? It seems really dumb that it isn't... Or maybe I'm not understanding something... I dunno.
    "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his soul?" -Jesus Christ

scubalocker no está en línea Stack level 1

So, I'm spending a lot of time not getting much from these websites... lots of junk... lots of time....

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

I've got a list of a few apps so far. App name, quick code, working or not, and i guess pros and cons if they work. Getjar over the years has populated many of my past phones, guess I'll get working on the pearl now

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

That would be a great thread. How many times have any of us sat and dl'd stuff just to find that it doesn't work? Thank god for unlimited data plans. I'd be seriously po'd at the time and data I've wasted otherwise. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SonikAMD no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e44a00

so this is what I have so far, could use some sort of direction tho.

J2ME Flashlight -> 10060 -> works -> http://www.getjar.com/products/7714/J2MEFlashlight
    Pros: Does what it says, turn your screen 7 different colors or view them as a rainbow.
    Cons: Screen turns off according to your phones backlight settings.

3D Attack Chopper *FULL GAME* ads -> 8958 -> Not Working -> installs ok, uncaught exception.

RDM+ Remote Desktop For Mobiles, standard version -> 1328 -> Not Working -> Installs ok, Error starting.

BMDTalkingClock -> 6091 -> Working* -> http://www.getjar.com/products/4866/BMDTalkingClock
    Pros: Installs and runs without error.
    Cons: *Instead of actually saying the current time ie. seven fifty eight, it merely says o-clock at the set interval.

SoundMachine -> 11799 -> works -> http://www.getjar.com/products/8790/SoundMachine
    Pros: Does what it says, Use your keypad as a sound machine.
    Cons: No speakerphone option, No record option.

JM2PC - Java Mobile to PC (Bluetooth Edition) -> 8793 -> Not Working* -> Installs ok, Won't Connect via Internet.
    *I haven't been able to attempt connecting via BlueTooth.

BlackMetal -> 2973 -> works -> http://www.getjar.com/products/2421/BlackMetal
    Pros: Great scrolling 'Defender' like shoot'em up game. High or low res graphics option. Saves high scores.
    Cons: KeyMapping is off, [0+/space] is actually the action key not [5/gh].

Calibrator-MIDP2-Motorola-and-others.jar -> 10635 -> Not Working -> installs ok, Uncaught Exception.

SnakeEvolution -> 936 -> NOT WORKING -> Installs ok, FREEZES Phone up upon trying to run.

Capture -> 3404 -> works -> http://www.getjar.com/products/2765/Capture
    Pros: Simple game. Cut off sections of the screen without the bugs touching your lines.
    Cons: No highscore saves.

any advice or suggestions would be great. we should get this idea rolling

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Sonik! You don't need any direction! Lol! That's a great start! Now copy and paste a new thread called
    "Getjar Official List"
    That's just what we've been discussing! And for one, I think you've nailed it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast