I installed a Java app (gmail) from their website (I broke down and got the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rezoule no está en línea Stack level 1

Uninstalling Java App BB7230

Advertisement

I installed a Java app (gmail) from their website (I broke down and got the service because I didn't want to go through all the motions of the hardway, I am lame, I know). And whenever I turn on my BB or whenever I try to use the app, it says
    'Uncaught Exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n'

Normally, I'm pretty good at my own trouble shooting, but this I do not understand.

Anyway, how can I uninstall this item? I tried doing it from the desktop, but it didn't show up in the application loader.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Uninstalling Java App BB7230

Quote Originally Posted by rezoule
    I installed a Java app (gmail) from their website (I broke down and got the service because I didn't want to go through all the motions of the hardway, I am lame, I know). And whenever I turn on my BB or whenever I try to use the app, it says
    'Uncaught Exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessExceptio n'

Normally, I'm pretty good at my own trouble shooting, but this I do not understand.

Anyway, how can I uninstall this item? I tried doing it from the desktop, but it didn't show up in the application loader.
    Did you try to uninstall it from Options, Advanced Options, Applications? Hit Menu and then select Delete?

Sorry I'm not well versed in older blackberrys, I'm not sure if you can unistall applications from the blackberry itself.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Re: Uninstalling Java App BB7230

@rezoule

I was having this same error through a similar cause. I fixed it and detalied the fix here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ption_fix.html

It was written for an 8100, but I think it will be very similar the whole way through.

Hope this helps!