How would I un-install software that i have installed through OTA?... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

safah no está en línea Stack level 2

Uninstall OTA downloaded software

Advertisement

How would I un-install software that i have installed through OTA?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Uninstall OTA downloaded software

Just goto options, advanced options, then applications. Highlight the software you no longer want, click the trackwheel/trackball, and select delete. Then confirm, and wait. You will have to select reboot if/when given the option for the application to be removed from the list.
    Good luck!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

I have seen that SOME programs for whatever reason do not show up with the add/remove section of options. In that case i usually hit the track wheel and go to Modules in the Applications section of options.
    BE CAREFUL
    if you aren't sure if you should delete it then don't
    otherwise you'll screw up everything
    but you should be able to find the modules for the program in question.

mansa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

If you have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.2, it will locate the OTA software using the Desktop Application Loader. A very very nice feature in the latest version of the Desktop Manager.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3

Honestly, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is quite buggy at all. I have experienced so many crashes and design faults ... unbelievable ...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by funkym
    Honestly, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is quite buggy at all. I have experienced so many crashes and design faults ... unbelievable ...
    Funny, I was going to say exactly the oposite, I have never had a problem with Desktop Manager, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2. Not one crash at all. The only problem I have ever had with it is a problem with it removing a space following the comma separating multiple Categories.

Just my experience.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Cannot Uninstall OTA downloaded software

I have two OTA software downloads that I have been unable to figure out how to delete. They are "Chronomagic" and "Country Code Lookup". They are not listed in the Applications (Options>Advanced Options>Applications) list with all my other 3rd party apps, and though they are listed in Modules, there is no delete item on the menu to remove them. What else can I try? Also, I use a Mac so I do not have access to the Desktop Manager. I have also tried using PocketMac4 and it does not work.

quadband no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32BF5198

Re: Cannot Uninstall OTA downloaded software

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    I have two OTA software downloads that I have been unable to figure out how to delete. They are "Chronomagic" and "Country Code Lookup". They are not listed in the Applications (Options>Advanced Options>Applications) list with all my other 3rd party apps, and though they are listed in Modules, there is no delete item on the menu to remove them. What else can I try? Also, I use a Mac so I do not have access to the Desktop Manager. I have also tried using PocketMac4 and it does not work.
    This never seems to have been answered. I am trying to uninstall yet another [sarcasm]awesome[/sarcasm] Shape product. This reminds me why I didn't use them for my previous Treo 700w or my Treo 650 before that. Then again, from reading some of the posts here and elsewhere it seems this could be the BB's fault.

I use a Mac and am unable to uninstall this program at all. I do not have an option to "Delete" the module and it does not show up in programs. Can anyone help here? I don't want to reset the device and make it a habit. Good thing I am in my trial period. I am seriously considering returning it and getting the Treo 700wx.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Quote Originally Posted by safah
    How would I un-install software that i have installed through OTA?
    Easy, just go to options. then advanced options. then applications. scroll down til you find the name of the program. click the bb button and select delete. your bb will have to reatart to change the settings.