Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

u can still d message him if hes not your buddy. ill add him also. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Twitterberry

Advertisement

u can still d message him if hes not your buddy. ill add him also. thanks

tcv
    tcv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b86b00

I forgot I can d message through IM. I typically use the web interface and Twitterriffic (Mac) and I don't believe one can DM through those interfaces, eh?

tcv
    PIN/ID
    32b86b00

Hey! The site's backup! So's the jad!

http://orangatame.com/ota/twitterberry/TwitterBerry.jad

It's pretty cool. Definitely more polished than TinyTwitter. I have three minor gripes.

1. The Friends update is on a separate screen. This is really not a big deal except it makes the focus more on twitting and little less on seeing what your friends are up to.

2. While on you the Friends Update screen, you are not able to update for new Tweets from your friends. You must first close the screen, then select Update Friends from the menu. (You can use the Back button, though, which is pretty cool.)

3. No auto-update for Friends Update! Waah. I like to be able to set an auto-refresh.

I think it's a great app, though!

Dawgfan no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been using Twitter via GTalk and once it got up and running, it works pretty good. All you have to do is activate your IM via Twitter Home and then add Twitter@twitter.com to your contact list in Gtalk and then IM the activation code you get from the Twitter site and you are good to go.

Just an option.

tcv
    PIN/ID
    32b86b00

Thanks!!

PIN/ID
    ask me

i dont use the gtalk on my phone, it always makes my bettery die faster when i have it logged in, and lately jivetalk has been unreliable.

twitterberry site is back up btw, to get it to work you have to uninstall tinytwitter. For some reason if you have both installed at once it will make them both stop working.

tcv
    PIN/ID
    32b86b00

I am okay having them both installed, but you had wanted to use TwitterBerry anyway, so...

Besides, I read this weekend that Twitter is dead, so I am not sure I can really use the service anymore. The web, it is a fickle beast. ;-)

Dawgfan no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    i dont use the gtalk on my phone, it always makes my bettery die faster when i have it logged in, and lately jivetalk has been unreliable.

twitterberry site is back up btw, to get it to work you have to uninstall tinytwitter. For some reason if you have both installed at once it will make them both stop working.
    any tips to getting Twitterberry to work? I get an unable to update error. I have disabled the firewall, verified permissions but I just cannot get it to work on my 8800. I don't have Tinytwitter as I don't even know what that is. Twitterberry looks much more friendly than GTalk for Twitter.

jaschroe no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey there! I'd the developer for TwitterBerry. Please let me know if you have any feature requests or trouble using it! tcv, thanks for the comments, and dawgfan, I think I have already received emails from you. Otherwise, private message me or contact me via TwitterBerry's website
    Cheers!

PIN/ID
    ask me

Twitterberry is great because when Twitter IM is down, you can still post. I'm not sure what the problem is that you're having. The only time mine hasnt worked is when RIM had that big outage of services. Still works great for me.

Id like if twitterberry had smaller text and a way to read tweets and post updates from the same screen... similar to the way you would if you were using twitterim with gtalk.

I'm a complete twitter freak so I follow and am followed by over 350 people. It's hard to keep up when I have to keep switching back & forth.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Forgot to add. Neither twitterberry OR tinytwitter notify you when you get a direct message. that would also be nice. ideally.. id love something that emulates twitterific, for blackberry, that has shortcuts for replying to tweets like @username blah blah, etc..

jaschroe no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks kpishdadi, I'll add it to the feature backlog.

kcbigring no está en línea Stack level 1

hey, i haven't taken a look at twitterberry but it sounds really nice! i am the author of tinytwitter - it is client that is intended to run on all java enabled devices, so i am a bit limited in what i can do with the ui.

but, i will try to add features that the community is looking for. i added the reply feature - love that one kpishdadi. i built this as an application for me and am just wanting to share the love, so if you think something sucks or is missing give a holler. or even better if you like something, give a louder holler.

you can follow me on twitter at kcbigring or check out the tiny twitter site.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I have it.. I use it once in a while when I'm bored

PIN/ID
    ask me

I cant get tinytwitter or twitterberry to work on my 8700. i had no problems with my old pearl. i get a socket error. i've double checked permissions.. it should be working as far as I can tell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast