Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the sound when a Twitter SMS ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Twitter sound

Advertisement

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the sound when a Twitter SMS comes in? I"m guessing not, since it comes as a normal SMS. I like getting lots of tweets, but the constant chiming is driving me crazy! I also don't want to disable the sound for SMS messages because then I wouldn't know when a friend sent a text. Any ideas?

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    isnt it under profile/advanced ?? I thought there were a few options for twitterberry

maybe im wrong
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

I don't see an 'options' menu item on twitterberry. I just see 'configure', which doesn't let you change much. I also checked on the website, and looks like you can only have notifications on or off. I could turn off notifications completely but I'd like to know when I have a message...I just don't want it to make a sound to notify me.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    I don't use Twitter via SMS. Bump.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    You could get a program like ringo and set a tone of silence as long as you have twitter listed as a contact. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've looked at Ringo, but I don't see how it does much more than my Bold already does. Isn't it a program to assign different ringtones to different people?

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would suggest using twitterberry... it integrates most functionality exceptionally well and allows you to customize/disable sound, vibrate, led notifications via the Sound Profile panel.

Also, per my other post on Viigo... looks like we can expect Twitter functionality to be added to Viigo soon.

Strange. I am using twitterberry and do not see options like that. The only thing I see that will allow you to make changes is the 'configure' option, which doesn't let you change much of anything. What am I missing?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lococreativo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241CE89A
    In order to change any sound on twitterberry you need to go to the profile that its active. Edit it where its says twitterberry right at the end of the list.

BTW my twitter handle is @jmonterrey

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    so there is a twitter app for bb hmmmm i knew it.

This is so odd. I've looked all over Twitterberry, their website...everywhere I can think to look. I don't see profiles anywhere. When I open Twitterberry, I'm at the 'what are you doing' page. When I click on 'menu', it gives me a list of things like 'view friends' timeline' and the only thing even slightly resembling an options choice is configure. When I click on that, it's just a place for username, password, and type of connection. Sorry to be dense about this...I just don't see it anywhere.

In fact, looks like BlackBerry users are the most active on Twitter... per a TechCrunch article from last Friday:

Twitstat Study: BlackBerry Users Are Totally Addicted To Twitter
    by Jason Kincaid on January 2, 2009

Twitstat, an analytics site for Twitter, has just put together a dynamic listing of the most popular Twitter clients based on the number of Tweets sent per user - in other words, it lets us see which client has the most addicted Twitter users.
    Looking at the the top 10 clients (which are less likely to have data skewed by a few heavy users), the top spot with an average of 3.68 tweets per user goes to TwitterBerry, the Twitter client for BlackBerry phones (not surprising, given how notoriously addictive BlackBerries are). FriendFeed comes in at a close second with 3.55 tweets per user, followed by TweetDeck. Note: These figures will change over time, as the list is dynamically updated. (continued...)

Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    This is so odd. I've looked all over Twitterberry, their website...everywhere I can think to look. I don't see profiles anywhere. When I open Twitterberry, I'm at the 'what are you doing' page. When I click on 'menu', it gives me a list of things like 'view friends' timeline' and the only thing even slightly resembling an options choice is configure. When I click on that, it's just a place for username, password, and type of connection. Sorry to be dense about this...I just don't see it anywhere.
    drj - this setting isn't inside the TwitterBerry app, rather it's in the same location where you configure phone ringtones:

On OS 4.7 (I think it's the same for Bold 4.6):

Sounds (~Normal) > Set Ring Tones/Alerts > Other >

Here you can configure three alerts:
    - TwitterBerry Direct Messages
    - TwitterBerry Friends Timeline
    - TwitterBerry Reply

Right. I did figure that out after posting. But those options don't silence the tweets coming in...just the direct messages, friends timelines and replies. All of those are set to be silent, but I still get the notification sound whenever they come in. I'm guessing there isn't a way to have notification for some and not for others.