Hi, I have installed TSMobiles onto my 8100. The autoconfiguration completes successfully; selecting "Force MDS/BES". ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

SarahW no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    25541ACA

TSMobile problem - assistance appreciated :)

Advertisement

Hi,

I have installed TSMobiles onto my 8100. The autoconfiguration completes successfully; selecting "Force MDS/BES". However when I try to connect to the computer I am trying to connect to it fails with the message:

Cannot connect to host. Please make sure that you specified the correct host address and the host is accessible through the network. Also please check network settings of your device

I am using a Pearl 8100 on the Vodafone UK network. I run a BES on my company network. I know that the host address is correct and that the computer I am trying to connect to is accepting connections as I can connect with no problems from my desktop PC.

All assistance very much welcome!
    Thanks in advance,
    Sarah

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: TSMobile problem - assistance appreciated :)

Hi Sarah, try launching the Blackberry Web browser and browse to a website that will have MDS authenticate to your network. Hope that makes sense.

PIN/ID
    25541ACA

Hi

I can access Vodafone live through my browser - would this need MDS to authenticate to my network? (sorry if this is a silly question - I am quite new to Blackberrys'). If not, is there a particular website you would suggest I try?

Thanks

IndoorGK00 no está en línea Stack level 2

I guess my first question should have been are you on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or do you just use BIS. You may have chosen the wrong setting. The "Force MDS/BES" requires you to be on BES.

PIN/ID
    25541ACA

Hi, I am on BES so believe that should be the correct setting