I have been using a trial program called Mentat. It can be found at gomentat.com. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

Try Mentat, Jott, and Rememberthemilk.com

Advertisement

I have been using a trial program called Mentat. It can be found at gomentat.com. I first heard about it from blackberry cool, and I gave it a shot. I have to tell you, that for what it does, its cool as hell. It's based on the whole GTD theme, and you basically make task lists on the device or on the website. You can collaborate with groups too if you wish. you then have access to your agenda from the BB or from your web browser. Things update pretty quickly both ways, sometimes when you delete something from the BB, it just sits there as though you didn't do anything, but when you refresh the view the task will be altered.

I find the neatest thing about this program, and it litterally knocks my socks off is that you can jott tasks. Jott has been mentioned here before, basically you can send a jott to your mentat account and it makes it a task, visible from within the client and on the website. I frequently need to look at a list of things often, and if I email or text myself with the reminder often I look at it once and never again. This way the information is aways available in a convenient format. It has been a joy to use for the most part and I think its a product worth mentioning. Plus, so far the price is right!

For those of you that use jott, you can also check out rememberthemilk.com it is another service that you can jott tasks too. I set up an account and played a tiny bit with it, but havent had a chance to use it extensively yet.

You can also jott posts to blogger.com blogs. It works very well.

I have seen no references to any of these things, besides jott, and I searched first. I just wanted to share the joy I am having with you all, tis the season right? With all this new stuff, I made jott's US number a myfav.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Re: Try Mentat, Jott, and Rememberthemilk.com

isn't it the best???!!!!!! I love Jott - it evolving so much and so rapidly. Rock on!!!!!

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

Re: Try Mentat, Jott, and Rememberthemilk.com

Yeah, and I have to be honest the quality of transcription on jott is far better then simulscribe on the whole, and I understand that they are different types of services, but at their heart, they both transcribe voice to text using humans. I find it funny, the way I say hell, the people at jott cannot discern that from how.

I wish there was a way to pipe voicemail through jott. Or you could say check email at the prompt and it would send them along as a jott, I think that would be slick.