Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I assure you that this is a Verizon problem. This issue is only effecting Verizon ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rimprotryme no está en línea Stack level 1

read

Advertisement

I assure you that this is a Verizon problem.

This issue is only effecting Verizon users and you should contact Verizon and have the issue escalated if they try to blame RIM. This is NOT a rim issue.

nichos no está en línea Stack level 2
    Still on mine too, even after a battery pull, thanks Verizon!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flukejh08p no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Verizon Strikes Again!

I just got off the phone with a Verizon Tech - he was able to verify that it is coming from Verizon but there is apparently nothing that can be done to stop it beyond NOT clicking on it and hiding the Icon. As people seem to describe it, it only installs if you click on it. Since I automatically wouldn't click on anything I hadn't installed (duh!), I automatically assumed it to be malicious until proven otherwise and it never appeared in the "Options-Advanced-Applications" list. I too, deleted it from the Service book but it kept re-appearing - especially after a soft re-set (battery-pull). Therefore, the only re-course seems to be for everyone to forcefully complain to Verizon until they listen (like that will happen!)
    This falls into the same category as the disabled GPS - until people complain enough or start change companies Verizon won't listen.

mmdogg01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3061FF98
    Oh! I see that you've pretty much all agreed that this is a problem confined to Verizon, but, oh contraire!! I am with T-Mobile and this Wonderful gadget was shoved into my service books just recently. I was on the phone with blackberry and PDA support and RIM for hours, I neglected to tell them about the forums but, talked to them about it, T-Mobile blamed it on RIM and RIM blamed it on T-Mobile. What a coincidence. Lol. Anywhoo. More about my discussion with T-Mobile and RIM can be found in the thread entitle Typing Trooper or BB snooper. I'm on my BB so, I can't link it. Kinda limited here. Sorry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Verizon was the first one to do it, but it's not limited to them. Any pearl carrier can add it to their list of service books......now it's t-mobile's turn......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

mmdogg01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3061FF98
    Aha. I just realized that this thread is from July!Haha!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Wow, this happened to me yesterday and I'm on tmo?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

coloradogal no está en línea Stack level 1

i got trooper typing too

it disappeared after I did this:
    try: go to options----advanced options----service book----you should see trooper typing there...where you can select and delete it.

Let me know if this works for you!

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, but reboot your phone and see if it re-appears.

PnerraD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I have t-mobile down here in houston, tx. This install has affected my phone a week or so ago. I just deleted it from my service book, restarted the phone by way of pulling the battery...It came back.

esjones no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm on T-Mo in SW Ohio. I just noticed this on my BB today. Deleted it from the service books. I'm not hopeful that will get rid of it.

If anyone talks to a T-Mo rep about this who has a clue, please post here who it is so the rest of us can weigh in....

Quote Originally Posted by PnerraD View Post
    I have t-mobile down here in houston, tx. This install has affected my phone a week or so ago. I just deleted it from my service book, restarted the phone by way of pulling the battery...It came back.

agomez210 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    218f1fd4
    tmobile also sent this trooper typing after a battery pull, i just hid it

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Appeared on DW's phone...

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    I have it too...its so annoying that I can't get rid of it, everytime I delete it and do a battery pull it comes back....it just keeps coming back!!!!
    PIN: 2485D13B

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."

cat1dr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yea I agree this sucks they can just add shut without informing you first... invation I say

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123