Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just checked my application icons and Trooper Typing mysteriously appeared. I don't think it's actually ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Trooper Typing Mysteriously Appeared

Advertisement

Just checked my application icons and Trooper Typing mysteriously appeared. I don't think it's actually installed because when clicking it, it asks for "I Agree" to the license and it's not on the actual applications list (Options/Advanced/Applications). Where did it come from? I did NOT download it and it sure wasn't there before. The last thing I downloaded was vlingo and it couldn't have come as part of that. Weird.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Maybe your carrier pushed it to you as a service book? "Virtual preloads" I think they are called. Like the FaceBook and OZ IM apps.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I agree with Lucky, that may be it, check your service books and see if it's listed there....if it is you can delete it, but it may come back each time your service books are re-sent.

If not, then hmmmm?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    Just checked my application icons and Trooper Typing mysteriously appeared. I don't think it's actually installed because when clicking it, it asks for "I Agree" to the license and it's not on the actual applications list (Options/Advanced/Applications). Where did it come from? I did NOT download it and it sure wasn't there before. The last thing I downloaded was vlingo and it couldn't have come as part of that. Weird.

Same here!! Last thing I installed was BBSmart Alarms Pro and BBsmart Shortcuts. It takes you to the game on the BB site to download.

It is in my service books. Ill delete it and see what happens.

Deleted and the icon is now gone ... but how the hell did it appear in the first place?
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by needforspd View Post
    Same here!! Last thing I installed was BBSmart Alarms Pro and BBsmart Shortcuts. It takes you to the game on the BB site to download.

It is in my service books. Ill delete it and see what happens.

Deleted and the icon is now gone ... but how the hell did it appear in the first place?
    Your carrier probably decided to include that in the service book package that gets sent to your BB. I think that would be the reason. Unless it was RIM somehow, but I don't know how they would do that.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

It came back ... deleted it again ... do carriers send out service books constantly?
    Im w/ Verizon and have had my BB for awhile now and havent resent the books for any reason in the past few months.

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    So glad somebody asked the question because when I upgraded to the Curve for Verizon I didn't notice until I uninstalled facebook. Of course the icon was still there but instead it tries to link you to the download instead of launching the app.

It seems like a rather low class move to me if it's on Verizon's part. "Like here you'll probably need this, but there is no way to take this off your phone, just hide it if you don't like it." I don't need Verizon to do me anymore "favors" thanks. But that is good info, so I'll have to check the service books to see if that where the issue is coming from.

So the common demonanator here is Verizon ... bah stupid as ses. If it comes back again im going to call and complain.

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    That seems to be a common trend. I just don't understand why they do that stuff. Nothing in the way of my phone has helped that they have been a part of! Tragic.

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow! Verizon gave me something and didn't charge me for it!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Haha, way to go Verizon, give 'em something you can already get for free(if you even want it) at mobile.blackberry.com LOL
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Hehe, yeah, but dont think any of us wanted to be givin it w/o a choice or an option to uninstall it.

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm on Verizon with a Pearl 8130 and Trooper Typing just showed up, too. The only thing I've downloaded and installed in quite a while was Viigo Beta--fairly recently, too. The Trooper Typing seems more like a shortcut to a web site. It doesn't show up as an installed app.

DSchnell no está en línea Stack level 1
    Verizon here, and I noticed it this morning on my phone too.
    I guess I'll wait and see what someone finds out

maizydaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have to say I am glad this has been happening to others. When I saw Trooper Typing and realized that 1) I did not put it there and 2) there was no way to uninstall it, I was really upset and I thought I may have a virus. I removed it from the service books and it went away (at least temporarily). Then I sent a very nasty email to Verizon. I don't understand why they would push this out for all of the reasons listed in this post and because of the terrible memory issues with the pearl and the curve. It really makes me angry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast