Anybody use 'Trekbuddy?" suppposedly, this is an offline mapping program where you can put all ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

semidevil no está en línea Stack level 1

trekbuddy? offline mapping program?

Advertisement

Anybody use 'Trekbuddy?" suppposedly, this is an offline mapping program where you can put all the maps on your phone memory(SD card).

Anybody know about it or experienced it before?

supposedly, it's hard to use because you need to 'build' your own map, but it seems some users are liking it once you have the maps.

anybody have any feedback on it? If it's good to use? it seems some users create a map and then share it w/ other users.

www.trekbuddy.net

marcuzi no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have just installed it and LOVE the speed and ease of use.
    "Ease of use" if you don't include the part of creating an atlas... Holly cow! Does anyone here understand this http://www.linuxtechs.net/kruch/tb/f...opic.php?t=833 I HAVE no CLUE to what they are saying here... If anyone would be kind enough to explain it in NOOB I would greatly appreciate it... am looking to create an atlas of Vancouver, Canada to start but I think the directions at that website are in greek...
    I have a great "map" of Vancouver, but I cannot zoom because I don't have "layers." Otheriwse, I found this program great for when you have less than optimal data rates in a foreign area you haven't been to before.
    Pretty acurate locations and more than suitable for those who have an SD card.

I appreciate any feedback for "translating" the above mentioned link to plain NooB.

Cheers, -m

Since then I have been able to get my hands on this Vancouver atlas cheers -m

http://rapidshare.com/files/14284980...ouver.rar.html

n16ht5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have no idea how to use it

I just wish I could tweak google maps to save everything to muy SD card and be done with it~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

n16...

What steps exactly are you having trouble with?

Look at my previous posts... Just download GoogleAK, type in the geographic area you want to map, hit the footprint button, drag the saved fiel to appropriate folder on your SD card and you're good to go...

Can't get any easier, but I know it can get confusing. Post q's here or pm if you need help.

PS: Due to time constraints I can no longer "make" atlases and maps for people, but if you like, I will help you learn to make your own.

Cheers, -m

russellwoot no está en línea Stack level 1
    can anyone give link for this map thinkg?