Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi Everybody, Wanted to tell everybody about this BB program I've been using. If you ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

Traffic Vizzion

Advertisement

Hi Everybody,
    Wanted to tell everybody about this BB program I've been using.
    If you are traveling and would like to know/see what the roads ahead of you are like,this will help. Here is there web page where you can find out about this program http://www.vizzion.com/
    Here is some of what is on there web page about the program, but check it out for yourself http://www.vizzion.com/

>>>How many times have you found yourself stuck in a traffic jam, construction zone, or even a blizzard, and wished you could have [FONT=Arial]seen [/FONT]the road conditions up ahead before you got there? Radio reports and roadside signs are all well and good, but all too often you’re already caught up in a problem before you hear about it.
    Traffic Vizzion [/FONT](pronounced “vision”) makes it possible to keep an eye on the road ahead by bringing live images from thousands of traffic cameras located across North America and the UK to your Windows Mobile smartphone. And, uniquely, if you have a built-in or external GPS, Traffic Vizzion patent pending technology can automatically show cameras near to your current location, or along the road directly ahead of you, long before you get there!
    In addition, Traffic Vizzion let’s you view high quality Yahoo! maps for your local region and explore those maps using pan and zoom features. If you have a GPS, Traffic Vizzion will display your precise location on the map, and automatically center the map based on your current position, so if you take a wrong turn or have to detour around traffic, it’s easy to get back on track. Traffic camera locations are shown on the map and can be easily selected for viewing.
    Traffic Vizzion can save you time, money and frustration by quickly answering questions such as:
    “Which route is least congested?”
    “I’m lost! How do I get back on track?”
    “Are those radio reports/roadside displays up-to-date?”
    “What roads could I take to get from A to B?”
    “What’s causing this jam?”
    “How far am I from my destination?”
    “How bad are weather conditions on my route?”
    “Will taking the toll road / expressway save me time?”
    “Is there an accident up ahead?”
    Traffic Vizzion can be used by commuters, business travelers, long-haul drivers, delivery drivers, vacationers, or anyone who needs to view maps or see road conditions ahead of time. And it costs just pennies a day!
    Click here to see Traffic Vizzion in action.
    If you are interested in trying our Beta version for the Blackberry, please head to our download page.<<<<

There is ALOT more info on the site about Traffic Vizzion, so check it out http://www.vizzion.com/
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    how do you ota this i cant get it would love to try this

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    how do you ota this i cant get it would love to try this
    Sorry...
    But the developer of the program asked that you write them
    for the Beta download links.....beta@vizzion.com
    They are trying to moderate the users on the beta so that they can do
    a better job of quality control before the final release.
    Last edited by BklynEddie; 05-29-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: needed to update the info and correct email address
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    thanks going to try it now will post back

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Rock-on.

Good post.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    is this a beta?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Looks good, Nice find. Now I only need to a city that has it to try it.

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Why is it everything that seems remotely interesting is going to cost me at least $10?

Yeah, I'm a bit frugal -- and this isn't so bad.. There is a $5.00 monthly membership fee, or a $30.00 annual; which isn't so bad seeing as how it's like 50% less than if you were to pay for each individual month... But still! Why can't someone make an application like this -- but for free?

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    i dont mind paying for this but not annual a one time fee. but free would be nice. but i am sure they have some work in or server fees in this softwear that is my guess.
    i bought traffic edge for 9.95 one time fee it does some of the same things but its not as nice and if your area is not in there they will add it. stay away from e-mobile traffic its not very good and it is 19.95

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    thanks really cool app,did not know that there are so many in my area.
    Mike

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i just checked the website and they say its in beta for blackberry..

Quote Originally Posted by boxaberry View Post
    Why is it everything that seems remotely interesting is going to cost me at least $10?

Yeah, I'm a bit frugal -- and this isn't so bad.. There is a $5.00 monthly membership fee, or a $30.00 annual; which isn't so bad seeing as how it's like 50% less than if you were to pay for each individual month... But still! Why can't someone make an application like this -- but for free?

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Hi everyone,
    Heard from the developer and he asked me to remove the DL link.
    So this way they can moderate the users on the beta so that they can do
    a better job of quality control before the final release.
    So if anybody still wants it, please write them for the DL link beta@vizzion.com
    Also if you haven't already please let them know your email address and that
    you are using the beta program. So this way they know and can also
    let you know when an updated version is released.
    They hope to have an update release within a few days,
    if not sooner....
    Last edited by BklynEddie; 05-29-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: wrong email address

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    u need to input ur email address when setting it up...so they have mine already! but i do understand them trying to limit the number of beta users. i tried it this afternoon and its pretty decent even though it just connects to the traffic cam directly ahead of u even though u are about to take a turn or something. sometimes the camera it connected was a few miles ahead even though the road that i'm on wudn't lead me to that area...if it makes any sense!

S2K ON 2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    didnt work for my sprint 8330

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    u need to input ur email address when setting it up...so they have mine already! but i do understand them trying to limit the number of beta users. i tried it this afternoon and its pretty decent even though it just connects to the traffic cam directly ahead of u even though u are about to take a turn or something. sometimes the camera it connected was a few miles ahead even though the road that i'm on wudn't lead me to that area...if it makes any sense!
    I think I understand...
    And if you go into the options settings. (menu> options) there are different settings that you can change. There is Show cameras within a certain number of miles. And you can set it to ignore cameras that are closer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast