Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Smiley88, the bug is gone in the new beta. However, this implementation for automatic profile ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

a1CrVKvnpvU0 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Smiley88, the bug is gone in the new beta. However, this implementation for automatic profile only works when an appointment with keyword is added on the same day as the appointment. For example, if I add an appointment with keyword for 6-7 pm Oct. 22. After saving the appointment, Profiler automatically adds temporary profile starting 6 pm and ending 7 pm. However, this temporary profile will kick in at 6 pm today not 6 pm Oct. 22. Hope you can come up with a new way to overcome this. Thanks.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by a1CrVKvnpvU0 View Post
    Smiley88, the bug is gone in the new beta. However, this implementation for automatic profile only works when an appointment with keyword is added on the same day as the appointment. For example, if I add an appointment with keyword for 6-7 pm Oct. 22. After saving the appointment, Profiler automatically adds temporary profile starting 6 pm and ending 7 pm. However, this temporary profile will kick in at 6 pm today not 6 pm Oct. 22. Hope you can come up with a new way to overcome this. Thanks.
    While it will kick in at 6 PM today (which you don't want), it will still kick in at 6 PM on Oct 22 also. Now, admittedly it does seem dubious (you may note that there is no temporary profile when you look at it at 3 PM on Oct 22nd, BUT if you have a reminder set, the dismissing of the alarm reminder seems to invoke Profiler to copy that appointment into the temp profiles.

So basically what I do is if I set an appointment for today (anywhere less than 24 hours from now), I will set it normally, using keywords. If I set it for the future (more than 24 hours away), I will clear the temporary profile -- as long as there aren't any other temporary profiles there with appointments for today.

How do I know this works? Well you see, I used keywords (or rather, standardized terms) for the majority of my appointments, long before Profiler existed. No apps used my keywords, it was just well, because I am anal that way, hehe. When a version of Profiler was released that supported Calendar keywords, I entered those keywords into Profiler and immediately my EXISTING calendar appointments started working, including recurring ones.

With apologies to Smiley88, he didn't believe me when I said that his application supported calendar events in the future; and after some trial and error, I figured out that it was the reminders being acknowledged that was triggering a change in the calendar somehow, which in turn triggered Profiler to copy the appointment settings (if the keyword was detected) into the temporary profiles. My default reminder is set for 30 minutes prior, and that's when the temp profile is created. And this is on recurring calendar events I created over a year ago!

Once you know this, if you are a little careful in how and when you create calendar events, you will hopefully find Profiler to be excellent at handling calendar event driven profile changes.

In summary: if the event is in the future but in the current day and the reminder time has not passed, I delete all temporary profiles. If the event is in the future more than one day, I also delete all temporary profiles (Profiler will create them when the reminder goes off). If the appointment is less than (in my case) 30 minutes away, I leave the temporary profile in.

The only time I have to be careful is if I have a calendar event later today for which I have no reminder and I want to set another calendar event with a reminder today also. Otherwise it seems quite consistent.

There MIGHT be some anomalies; let's say you had your BB holstered and the reminder went off and you didn't acknowledge it (say, you left the BB on your desk) and the reminder time has passed, it might not change profiles correctly. But then again, it would be on the wrong profile anyways, since the BB is still holstered and Profiler could not change it. It may also get a bit unpredictable when your appointment overlaps a NORMALLY SCHEDULED (not a calendar scheduled) profile change, but if you think the logic through, you can usually figure out why Profiler did what it did (or didn't do what you thought it would).

A great must-have app, in my opinion.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    While it will kick in at 6 PM today (which you don't want), it will still kick in at 6 PM on Oct 22 also. Now, admittedly it does seem dubious (you may note that there is no temporary profile when you look at it at 3 PM on Oct 22nd, BUT if you have a reminder set, the dismissing of the alarm reminder seems to invoke Profiler to copy that appointment into the temp profiles.

So basically what I do is if I set an appointment for today (anywhere less than 24 hours from now), I will set it normally, using keywords. If I set it for the future (more than 24 hours away), I will clear the temporary profile -- as long as there aren't any other temporary profiles there with appointments for today.

How do I know this works? Well you see, I used keywords (or rather, standardized terms) for the majority of my appointments, long before Profiler existed. No apps used my keywords, it was just well, because I am anal that way, hehe. When a version of Profiler was released that supported Calendar keywords, I entered those keywords into Profiler and immediately my EXISTING calendar appointments started working, including recurring ones.

With apologies to Smiley88, he didn't believe me when I said that his application supported calendar events in the future; and after some trial and error, I figured out that it was the reminders being acknowledged that was triggering a change in the calendar somehow, which in turn triggered Profiler to copy the appointment settings (if the keyword was detected) into the temporary profiles. My default reminder is set for 30 minutes prior, and that's when the temp profile is created. And this is on recurring calendar events I created over a year ago!

Once you know this, if you are a little careful in how and when you create calendar events, you will hopefully find Profiler to be excellent at handling calendar event driven profile changes.

In summary: if the event is in the future but in the current day and the reminder time has not passed, I delete all temporary profiles. If the event is in the future more than one day, I also delete all temporary profiles (Profiler will create them when the reminder goes off). If the appointment is less than (in my case) 30 minutes away, I leave the temporary profile in.

The only time I have to be careful is if I have a calendar event later today for which I have no reminder and I want to set another calendar event with a reminder today also. Otherwise it seems quite consistent.

There MIGHT be some anomalies; let's say you had your BB holstered and the reminder went off and you didn't acknowledge it (say, you left the BB on your desk) and the reminder time has passed, it might not change profiles correctly. But then again, it would be on the wrong profile anyways, since the BB is still holstered and Profiler could not change it. It may also get a bit unpredictable when your appointment overlaps a NORMALLY SCHEDULED (not a calendar scheduled) profile change, but if you think the logic through, you can usually figure out why Profiler did what it did (or didn't do what you thought it would).

A great must-have app, in my opinion.

WOW!
    that was an amazingly informative post!
    GREAT INFO!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Smiley88 no está en línea Developer

v1.2 released

version 1.2 is now released.

Changes
    ----------

- added Calendar support for scheduled profile switching
    - added Calendar keyword for scheduled profile switching
    - added charging profile switching. Works on the wall mounted charges

Downloads www.toysoft.ca/profiler.html or OTA www.toysoft.ca/ota/Profiler.jad
    Visit our website www.toysoft.ca

1.3 release

version 1.3 is now released.

changes
    ---------

1 Profiles that are set in the Calendar now supports day and month. Meaning you can set up an appointment in the future and switch the profile

2 Updated the Profiler icon and name on the HomeScreen to reflect the current active Profile

3 Updated the Temp profile screent to show the day and month

4 Added to play a sound in the prefs when the BB is in the Holster

Website www.toysoft.ca/blackberry.html

profiler 1.4 released

1.4 is now available

Changes
    ---------

- fixed the problem with the days where the last profile added made other profile's days the same

- additional minor bug fixes

download site www.toysoft.ca/blackberry.html

1.5 is now available

1.5 Jan 13, 2009
    ---------------

- More compatible with the Storm
    - Added new icons for the Bold and Storm

Website www.toysoft.ca/profiler.html

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    thanks for the update
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

1.5.5 beta available

Here is v1.5.5 beta with keyboard locking.
    goto the menu and select Keyboard Locking Prefs and assign your own custom picture, text, font and color.

when the keyboard is locked your profiles will now work. phone calls and text msg should still work.

currently to unlock the keyboard you will need to press the * (star) key. Alt - A.

working on the Storm version now.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/Profiler.jad

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    sounds good...question. will the profile change if it's in the holster now?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    the beta OTA link doesnt seem to be working.........

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    the beta OTA link doesnt seem to be working.........
    here is the storm version www.toysoft.ca/storm/Profiler.jad

here is the non-storm version www.toysoft.ca/beta/Profiler.jad
    Last edited by Smiley88; 02-13-2009 at 07:02 PM.

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley88 View Post
    here is the storm version www.toysoft.ca/storm/Profiler.jad

here is the non-storm version www.toysoft.ca/beta/Profiler.jad
    Thanks....downloading now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345