Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There is an application out there called Tip Buddy. I found links in the forums, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jlb522 no está en línea Stack level 2

Tipping App

Advertisement

There is an application out there called Tip Buddy. I found links in the forums, however when you click on the link nothing. I even Googled it and it sends you to a site, I click the link and again nothing. Anyone have any other links or an idea for another app like it. It would really come in handy!!!

KendallParis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Tipping App

TipMaster Not only does it work the same, but it actually looks more professional than TipBuddy.

5angels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241c528b

Is there a free OTA link for TipMaster or TipBuddy that will work for the 8320?
    Thanks.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by 5angels View Post
    Is there a free OTA link for TipMaster or TipBuddy that will work for the 8320?
    Thanks.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here's a link for TipMaster:

Link removed - link to download is dead

The link for download to desktop however, is working:

http://www.bberryone.com/TipMaster.html (links at bottom)
    Last edited by surfanimal; 11-20-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: deadlink

I clicked the link surfanimal gave me, then clicked the link for my device (8100) and it took me to a page with gas card links or something. Nothing to do with tipmaster!

PIN/ID
    241c528b
    the site doesn't mention 8300 series. will it work anyway?

PIN/ID
    ask me!

Looks like they took down the download, sorry you two. I'll look around for another link and post it when I find it.

5angels - the 81xx series app should be compatible (for future reference, when I find a working link)

If you have desktop manager on your computer, you can use the links at the bottom of the screen.
    Last edited by surfanimal; 11-20-2007 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks! It's on my phone...just what I wanted!

PIN/ID
    ask me!

No problem, enjoy it!

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Please do not take offense to this, but it always befuddles me why someone needs a tip calculator. checks show the amount before tax. if the bill is $63.60 before tax 10% would be 6.36 add 1/2 to get 15% so 6.36 + 3.18=9.54 20% = 2x 10% or 6.36 x 2= 12.72. If that gives you any issue then round up to $64 and if you are able to use a cell phone at all you certainly can do 10% of 64=$6.40 1/2 of that is $3.20 add them together to get $9.60 for 15% or double it to get $12.80 for 20%. If you are absolutely stuck then the Blackberry does come with a calculator. I am sorry and don't want to insult anyone but this is stuff my 8 year has mastered.

PIN/ID
    241c528b

Thumbs down Re: Tipping App

Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    Please do not take offense to this, but it always befuddles me why someone needs a tip calculator. checks show the amount before tax. if the bill is $63.60 before tax 10% would be 6.36 add 1/2 to get 15% so 6.36 + 3.18=9.54 20% = 2x 10% or 6.36 x 2= 12.72. If that gives you any issue then round up to $64 and if you are able to use a cell phone at all you certainly can do 10% of 64=$6.40 1/2 of that is $3.20 add them together to get $9.60 for 15% or double it to get $12.80 for 20%. If you are absolutely stuck then the Blackberry does come with a calculator. I am sorry and don't want to insult anyone but this is stuff my 8 year has mastered.

Thank you for the math lesson, but I know how to move a decimal point.
    There are many applications that I don't need but I like to have (just personal preferance).
    I also have and "audible" app on my BB for listening to books. I know how to read, but sometimes I like to listen while I drive. I don't need it but I like it
    OK?

KendallParis no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, I don't know why the guy/girl would have to be insulted because they want to download a FREE application onto their BlackBerry, regardless of their math skills. Perhaps, they don't feel like doing it in their head or on the napkin or maybe, they want the bill splitting option that the application gives.

I'm sorry I didn't stick around for any replies, but I'm glad you guys/gals got the link and it's working for you.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^Good point. Because we download useful apps such as these doesn't mean we don't have the skills or the abilities to figure out what 8 year olds have mastered; some just prefer to use their BB's apps for certain things and this might happen to be one of them. Same as using Google Maps or Telenav when you might be better off just breaking out a map. It's that much more fun looking on your BB for it. This is what is so unique about having a BB that does so many things.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Since I'm the orginal poster of this thread I'd like to respond to the last few replies....I am not insulted by any means. Yes I am familiar with basic mathamatical skills. However when I'm sitting in a restaurant and the bill comes it is eaiser FOR ME to use this app. I use it all the time. If your able to do it as fast as the app. then good for you. Everyone chooses different apps for their BB, like lavagirl said thats what is so unique about having one.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Quote Originally Posted by pcwizpcwiz View Post
    I agree 100 percent. It's easy math.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast