I decided to go ahead and buy the BBText2IM because I can't deal any longer ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

M.J.H. no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Threaded SMS Messaging BBText2IM - Questions, Concerns

Advertisement

I decided to go ahead and buy the BBText2IM because I can't deal any longer with the old school way of texting it's really gotten too annoying when almost every other phone has switched to threaded SMS messaging.

I have a Verizon Curve 8330 and I love the format, colors, menus, etc. but here is what concerns me:

1. BBAlerts all of the sudden doesn't work when I receive an SMS message.
    In other words when I get an SMS message, without BBText2IM I would simply have a blue flashing light until I read the message, then the blue flashing light would stop. Now, I don't get any kind of LED light when I get an SMS message, at all. Nothing logs in BBAlerts, etc.

2. With BBText2IM when I get an SMS message, it still appears in my default inbox also, as unread.
    So basically I have to check the message in the BBText2IM program and then go into my default SMS inbox and check it there too, to remove the new mail icon from the top of the screen.

3. If I send an SMS message and it does not go through (equipment failed), I never know in the BBText2IM program.
    If for some reason an SMS fails I don't seem to get any notification at all from BBText2IM program.

I was really hoping this $10 program would completely allow for threaded SMS messaging, and it seems to fall short in these categories.

Am I doing something wrong?

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Quote Originally Posted by M.J.H. View Post
    2. With BBText2IM when I get an SMS message, it still appears in my default inbox also, as unread.
    So basically I have to check the message in the BBText2IM program and then go into my default SMS inbox and check it there too, to remove the new mail icon from the top of the screen.
    Any 3rd party application that reads SMS messages cannot mark the message as read. This is a limitation imposed by the RIM API and there is no way around it. Applications such as this one, or Pocket Day, or PeekAWho or you name it, all cannot mark the original SMS message as read or get rid of the unread text message indicator.

E-mails, on the other hand, CAN be marked as read by 3rd party applications... because it's allowed for in the API. Don't ask me why emails are okay but SMS isn't but unless something changes, it will remain that way.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.