Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

mGuard is for Sony Ericsson phones only, from what I can tell from the site.... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hcdemon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2152CB42

Advertisement

mGuard is for Sony Ericsson phones only, from what I can tell from the site.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Well be happy guys..I have a 8120 on 4.5.0.52 I believe on TMO USA and I cannot for the life of me get Roblocks online interface thingy to connect to my phone. It will just say its connecting to phone for ever and then time out. I have set all the permissions correctly for the application and I don't know what to do now. I have emailed the developer every day for 3 days now, and still not even a single response, yes I have checked spam box. I don't know what to do and I am tired of fighting with it. I just want my money back now pretty much, but it doens't even look like thats gonna happen. Anybody know how to get a hold of a "live" person over there for Roblock heh?

Sorry not trying to thread jack, just a little upset. I am glad Roblock works better for you all than I.

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    That is odd that it doesn't work for you, I am on Tmo as well and have no issues with it on either Curve that I have. Make sure its using the blackberry email address that is on your phone and not a secondary, it sends all its commands thru whatever email you use on it, and if its a slow email address that could be the issue with it.

As far as getting ahold of someone, good luck, I emailed them complaining that you couldn't really test the app without access to the web interface and that was over a week ago and nothing. If you used paypal, do a dispute to get it back, if you used a credit or debit card contact who your card is thru and dispute it that way.

Hope that helps some.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdemon View Post
    That is odd that it doesn't work for you, I am on Tmo as well and have no issues with it on either Curve that I have. Make sure its using the blackberry email address that is on your phone and not a secondary, it sends all its commands thru whatever email you use on it, and if its a slow email address that could be the issue with it.

As far as getting ahold of someone, good luck, I emailed them complaining that you couldn't really test the app without access to the web interface and that was over a week ago and nothing. If you used paypal, do a dispute to get it back, if you used a credit or debit card contact who your card is thru and dispute it that way.

Hope that helps some.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I didn't think it mattered what email I used as long as it was configured on phone? Ive tried my SBCGlobal and a Gmail. Should I be using the TMO BB email?

I really just want this to work, I hate being like that but the whole no reply to tech help just burns my arse...

Thanks man!

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    I didn't think it mattered what email I used as long as it was configured on phone? Ive tried my SBCGlobal and a Gmail. Should I be using the TMO BB email?

I really just want this to work, I hate being like that but the whole no reply to tech help just burns my arse...

Thanks man!
    I would suggest using the TMO BB email, since it is push e-mail it gets to your phone almost instantly, granted I haven't tried the program with any other emails, but I now with the other email address I have configured on the phone, on average takes 5+ minutes before I get the email, sometimes a lot longer. So try the TMO BB email and see what you come up with, it should work at that point, if not, I would suggest doing one of the other things I mentioned on trying to get your money back.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdemon View Post
    I would suggest using the TMO BB email, since it is push e-mail it gets to your phone almost instantly, granted I haven't tried the program with any other emails, but I now with the other email address I have configured on the phone, on average takes 5+ minutes before I get the email, sometimes a lot longer. So try the TMO BB email and see what you come up with, it should work at that point, if not, I would suggest doing one of the other things I mentioned on trying to get your money back.
    Well jkljdsklj this makes me mad. I just want to use this freakin program. I have tried this TMO BB Email and still no luck.. :-(

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    Hmmm....I am not sure what else to suggest, did you by chance try uninstalling the app first, doing a reboot, and then re-installing using the BB email address? I am running out of ideas and that is the only other thing I can think of. If nothing else, send me a message on BBM later (PIN in profile) and we can try to compare my settings and your settings and see if there is any differences.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    I ran into this also, I used my regular email address and had timeouts galore. The messages eventually came in, way after I cancelled the connection or it timed out. Roblock deletes these messages so it's not always apparent after the fact; however, it was caught by my spam filter (Antair Spam Filter) so I had record of it on the phone coming in later.

As suggested above, use your BIS address (carrier.blackberry.net or whatever) and it'll be instantaneous -- faster than any email accounts that you have set up for polling. While we are told that we shouldn't use our carrier.blackberry.net address for emails, this is one case where it can be used just for this purpose.

Give that a try.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I have tried the carrier address and nothing? I can't get this thing to connect for life of me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12