Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I have been doing a lot of searching online after seeing the post on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hcdemon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2152CB42

Theft Recovery Software

Advertisement

Ok, I have been doing a lot of searching online after seeing the post on the front page for YouGetItBack.com and their app, and I am wondering what other options are there out there?

Ones I've found:
    YouGetItBack.com - Cellphone Superhero
    Dexmobile.com - Roblock

Anymore??

Thanks

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Samecell.com has an option to track your phone.

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    Yea, I tried samecell, it is more of a social network thing, and works best with GPS, the T-mo 8320 doesn't have GPS sadly.

grymtyrant@msn. no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well don't you need GPS for this to actually work....... How else would you be able to recover your phone if it is lost or stolen?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StuffBak.com

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    Quote Originally Posted by grymtyrant@msn. View Post
    Well don't you need GPS for this to actually work....... How else would you be able to recover your phone if it is lost or stolen?
    Yes I know that, however as I also said, Samecell is more for social networking, yea it could locate my phone via cell towers (which did not work when I tried it) but where is the security in the program itself, if someone steals/finds the phone, they can very easily remove the app and then your screwed. Yes, it seems like a very good app, but it was NOT meant for theft recovery, which is what I am looking for as stated in the very first post.

rayrod354 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Lucky for me I have Sprint's 8330.... I thought the service was going to suck by it is perfect where I am in NJ. Also, for $99 everything is included. I can also use any app and don't have any problems yet. I also have and 8gb card in it which is great cause I had my friends from Att&t and it gave me problems when trying to load apps or movie files. Anyways, three days after I got my phone when it first came out I was walking and didnt notice that I misplaced or lost my phone. I was going to call Sprint to put restrictions on the outgoing calls but figured I could do it from the Sprint site anyway.... When I got to the site, they have a service that allows you to track a phone. They were giving me a 15 day trial for free. Well I signed up but since my battery was dead it was not registering. After three hours, the person who found my phone charges it, and the system picks up on it... With their satellite view map I was able to see where my phone was located. I go to that location and call the phone and tell the guy that i'm outside and am requesting the return of my phone. Sure enough.... The guy walks outside and gives me my phone... Oh, I guess he was definitely playing with my phone because he used a picture of a girls *** i took as a screen saver... lol.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    PhoneBAK and Berry Locator are two more.

I have PhoneBAK, FindIt (now GetItBack) and Roblock. They are all great applications, although PhoneBAK is a bit less feature-filled as it does not do remote GPS location, and FindIt and Berry Locator do GPS location but does not do SIM card monitoring.

Roblock does SIM card detection, GPS location (and cell tower triangulation), remote device lock and unlock, remote device wipe (without BES), and can retrieve contacts from your phone.

All of these have more features than I've listed, but these are the main points IMO.
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    My biggest issue with Roblock, is the trial. Downloads and installs just fine, but without a product key there is no way to test all the features that are thru the web site, like visual location of the phone, so by not being able to fully test everything, makes me really hesitant about getting it.

money69 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was looking at Roblock also. For $10 its worth a gamble. Anyone know of any promotions though that they have going on to get it any cheaper? Also, Anyone own this and like it? Seems pretty feature filled.

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    Quote Originally Posted by money69 View Post
    I was looking at Roblock also. For $10 its worth a gamble. Anyone know of any promotions though that they have going on to get it any cheaper? Also, Anyone own this and like it? Seems pretty feature filled.
    I actually decided to go ahead with Roblock, actually ended up with 2 CD-Keys, one for my curve and one for my wife's (since shes left hers somewhere before and someone has taken it before).

So far it seems to be GREAT, the where location search seems to work very well, has the phones pinpointed to within a half-block radius and that is without GPS.

Having issues with it getting my contacts from the phone to the website, but I am still messing with that.

The remote lock (with and without alarm) and unlock work very very quick and the alarm is highly annoying! Also if you take the battery out while the alarm is sounding and put it back in, the alarm will start sounding again before the carrier splash screen even appears.

I haven't tested the remote wipe feature....hope I never have to....

There is also a option to send a custom message to be displayed on the screen of the phone. This does not seem to work if the phone is locked, will do some more testing.

Also not sure if you can lock the phone if the phone is actively engaged in a phone call, will test on this later as well.

Overall, I think it was a $10 (well $20) well spent.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you for the review!

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB
    Yes, I guess I didn't mention it above, but I have Roblock too. I tested the location function, the remote lock and unlock but didn't try the remote wipe.

hcdemon, you mention that you can lock without the alarm, how does one do that? Admittedly I read the instructions quickly but didn't notice that command (just where, lock, unlock and wipe).
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

PIN/ID
    2152CB42
    It is thru the web site only that you can lock it without the alarm. If you are sending a SMS to your phone to lock it, it will always sound the alarm.

But once in the web portal, click the link on the left for Lock and it will give you 2 options on the right, one with alarm and one without.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried mGuard? I saw it on the DexMobile site. What's the difference between that and RobLock? It seems that mGuard is more of a Theft Recovery application and RobLock is more of a security application. Am I right?
    Last edited by JustinHerrera; 10-01-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast