Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm bettin' it's 4.6 but I'm not bettin' much. Azstar has magic that makes stuff ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I'm bettin' it's 4.6 but I'm not bettin' much. Azstar has magic that makes stuff work that other users can't do.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You should have bet big JB, I'm running 4.6 at the moment
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    i was on their website wich brought me to another and i was chatting with the rep and i have a mac he sent me to www.imobimac.com

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Probably should have - I haven't seen many complimentary remarks about DM 4.7 yet. I don't think that one's gonna be too popular. Maybe 4.7.1 -
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Maybe he's just not the betting kind. . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    JB keep us posted on how well it works. . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I might have a chance to play with it a bit today, th. If so, I'll post back here. JB says he's had a couple chances to check it out with no issues. Didn't mention anything about speed or anything.

sbs8331 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Here's a direct quote from AT&T's terms and conditions regarding the unlimited data plan for Blackberry: "Plans(unless specifically designated for tethering usage) cannot be used for any applications that tether the device (through use of, including without limitation, connection kits, other phone/PDA-to computer accessories, Bluetooth® or any other wireless technology) to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for any purpose."

It sounds like the use of Tetherberry is not permissible with that carrier. Do others have a different perspective?

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    what another developer that has people test their software then has the nerve to charge for it?? i posted a post some where about doing this .turn off the beta ? why would any one help a greedy group of developers?and offer up their valuable time for nothing but a head ache ? this why i no longer bother with betas from these people .
    Last edited by RogerG; 03-11-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Inappropriate content

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I might have a chance to play with it a bit today, th. If so, I'll post back here. JB says he's had a couple chances to check it out with no issues. Didn't mention anything about speed or anything.
    I thought the speed was acceptable - not terribly fast but good enough so that I didn't get finger-thumping, impatient waiting for pages to load. I expected it to be slower. Frankly I was pleasantly surprised at response time.

Sorry I don't have any actual figures for you. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-11-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbs8331 View Post
    Here's a direct quote from AT&T's terms and conditions regarding the unlimited data plan for Blackberry: "Plans(unless specifically designated for tethering usage) cannot be used for any applications that tether the device (through use of, including without limitation, connection kits, other phone/PDA-to computer accessories, Bluetooth® or any other wireless technology) to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for any purpose."

It sounds like the use of Tetherberry is not permissible with that carrier. Do others have a different perspective?
    I'm quite sure that any carrier that charges for tethering has something similar in their terms as well. I think that it would just be a matter of getting caught. I think for those who use it only occasionally may be able to get away with it, but those who use it frequently are more at risk of getting caught.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HeywoodJ View Post
    what another developer that has people test their software then has the nerve to charge for it?? i posted a post some where about doing this .turn off the beta ? why would any one help a greedy group of developers?and offer up their valuable time for nothing but a head ache ? this why i no longer bother with betas from these people .
    There was no mention from the developer that beta testers would get this application for free, nor that they wouldn't be charging for it.

A suggestion would be to ask the developer before participating in the beta whether or not there would be a future charge for the app or if beta testers might expect a discount or a free copy.
    Last edited by RogerG; 03-11-2009 at 01:38 PM.

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Beta testing is a 2-way street. It's fun and educational for the users that have time to play and it supplies info to the seller so that they can release a better, more error-free product.

There's too much "I want something for free" everywhere. If you don't want to test and deal with a few problems in the process, don't test!
    What goes around, comes around.

I'm quite sure that any carrier that charges for tethering has something similar in their terms as well. I think that it would just be a matter of getting caught. I think for those who use it only occasionally may be able to get away with it, but those who use it frequently are more at risk of getting caught.
    I'm tethering anyway, when I need to, but can any of you Alltel folks find a copy of the "terms and conditions" to the "unlimited data plan" on the Alltel site?

I've been looking at mine off and on all morning and I'm tired of looking at their stupid site. I get to the "Plans and Features">"add/change features" - that's where I assumed it would be but can't find it there.

Took a look at a bill - can't find it in there. You'd think they'd put a policy statement out there somewhere. Maybe I'm not looking for the proper terminoloy. Just thought I'd ask....

I can't even find an option for tethering!

Well I got tired of looking and called Alltel CS. They told me that tethering cost $30/mo and when I asked where it was located om the web sit neither she nor her supervisor could "point" me to it so I could read about it. We never found it. Typical -
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast