Anyone here use TalkLock that was on the main page last week? I want to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

TalkLock.. Anyone use it?

Advertisement

Anyone here use TalkLock that was on the main page last week? I want to use it cuz I am frusterated with hitting buttons with my cheek. Someone stated it has a memory leak/ What exactly is a memory leak?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    i use it and it works pretty well for me, have not noticed a memory leak. A memory leak can be noticed by your application memory constantly lowering and then getting a substantial jump after a battery pull. This is due to the fact that some variables or buffers assigned in an application arent detroyed/unallocated correctly.
    the link to talklock is: http://www.cellavant.com/TalkLock/

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well I just checked. My memory is 26mb..normal? low?

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    Well I just checked. My memory is 26mb..normal? low?
    honestly, depends on what third party apps you use and oter settings.... You will notice a memory leak if you notice a significant loss in the amount of free memory you have over a period of hours or a day, etc.... For instance. With .85, I had around 32mb of memory to start up the OS, then it went all the way down to 18mb, and when I would do a bat pull it would bump back up to ~27mb then back down - hence a leak. 26 is not too low, getting under 20mb has tended to make the device act irratic; erasing texts/emails/logs

Jazzinit no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use the talklock app, it's great. however if u unlock to select prompts, its not going to re-lock the screen. thats the only drawback unless there's another to manually engage it. but its cool

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzinit View Post
    I use the talklock app, it's great. however if u unlock to select prompts, its not going to re-lock the screen. thats the only drawback unless there's another to manually engage it. but its cool
    Thank you. I was reading about it on the website, after you unlock it yourself during a call I guess there is a menu you go to where you can lock it again.