Hi guys, Has anyone managed to get the google apps working on a 8100/pearl on ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

syllabub no está en línea Stack level 1

T-Mobile UK support for 3rd party apps - esp Gmail, and Gmaps

Advertisement

Hi guys,

Has anyone managed to get the google apps working on a 8100/pearl on T-Mobile in the UK. I cannot get support from T-Mobile or Google on this and have tried changing the APN settings, security permissions, everything but am still stuck.

If anyone can help I would really, really appreciate it.

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: T-Mobile UK support for 3rd party apps - esp Gmail, and Gmaps

I have both installed running perfectly on my 8700g.
    Are sure you need to change apn settings? The only time I need to do that was when I installed oprea.

The guys over in the tech dept gave me these details:
    APN: general.t-mobile.uk
    User: (leave blank)
    Pass: (leave blank)

Rich
    Last edited by r1ch007; 03-05-2007 at 10:34 AM.

sstephanie40 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by syllabub
    Hi guys,

Has anyone managed to get the google apps working on a 8100/pearl on T-Mobile in the UK. I cannot get support from T-Mobile or Google on this and have tried changing the APN settings, security permissions, everything but am still stuck.

If anyone can help I would really, really appreciate it.
    Try:APN: general.t-mobile.uk
    User name: email address (first bit) or perhaps your login name for instantemail@t-mobile.co.uk
    Password : mms

Try that.....
    Last edited by sstephanie40; 03-20-2007 at 09:09 AM.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Did you download Google maps ??

Try google.uk/gmm

zentient no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: T-Mobile UK support for 3rd party apps - esp. Maps

I had trouble with this, too. Setting the APN settings as shown above (or elsewhere in the general carrier settings lists on this forum) solved it for me. I did have to try to download it from .../gmm several times before it finally worked, though.

• What I cannot get to work is BB Maps. I've been to the two recommended sites (mobile.blackberry.com and www.blackberry.com/maps), but it just shows up as if I had surfed there online; it tells me I need MS Internet Explorer version 5 or something along those lines.

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Zentient

I tried getting the bb maps through those links and as I got to the mobile blackberry site and clicked the link all I got through my bb was running script and got stuck there till I rebooted. I was able to download this before. I am using an 8700g tmob uk.

I tried the link 12 hrs after u posted and another 12 hrs after that and it didn't work for me either. Very strange sorry I couldn't help.

IIRC, BBMaps only supports BB OS v4.1, so I can only guess newer BB's with v4.2 may not work. That wouldn't explain your 8700g issue, though, unless your OS is not supported.

When I go (BB OTA) to mobile.blackberry.com or www.blackberry.com/maps, there is a link that says (roughly) "Download BBM now", but it just takes me to another page.

Thumbs up T-Mobile UK now has 8800 *with* BB Maps pre-installed

Update: FYI, BB 8800 arrived to me today from T-Mobile UK (they just got them in yesterday).

BB Maps was installed on it out of the box (and it's new). I clicked start GPS in the BBMaps app, and in a few seconds it had found 7 satellites (while I was sitting in a house), was locked on, and I was "good to go". BBMaps appears to cover the UK (and probably a bunch of other places at that as they showed up in the global map view when it started up.) Needless to say, I'm very pleased.