I've spent a lot of time recently working on getting the calendar on my Blackberry ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TheOtherShoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2407531B

Syncing with a web-based calendar over-the-air

Advertisement

I've spent a lot of time recently working on getting the calendar on my Blackberry to sync with my web calendar automatically and over-the-air. I managed to do this with Google Calendar using Scheduleworld.com and a SyncML client on the Blackberry. It's a really neat setup; with no action on my part my calendar entries appear on both my phone and on Google Calendar. It's also really handy that I can bypass my desktop with this process, because I run Linux which is not supported by RIM's syncing software.

Recently I decided to migrate to 30 boxes. I decided that 30 boxes has features that make the switch worth it, even though I now have to find another way to sync with my phone. The problem right now is that I don't know of any way to get 30 boxes to sync with ScheduleWorld, and I don't know of another way to access my 30 boxes calendar using SyncML. There is a partial workaround, but it is pretty complicated:

1. Sync the Blackberry with ScheduleWorld using SyncML
    2. Sync ScheduleWorld with Google Calendar
    3. Subscribe to Google Calendar's iCal feed with 30 Boxes.

The main problem with that solution is that it is one-way. It doesn't allow me to get events from 30 Boxes onto my Blackberry. I can subscribe to my 30 Boxes calendar in Google Calendar - but those events won't be synced to ScheduleWorld since they come from an external feed.

At some point it occured to me that this doesn't have to be so difficult. All of the web-based calendars I have looked at publish an iCal feed. If I could subscribe to an iCal feed from 30 Boxes with my Blackberry I would be set. And if the Blackberry could publish an iCal file that I could subscribe to with 30 Boxes, the whole thing would be perfect. I would get all of my events in both calendars with very little hassle. But it looks like the calendar application that comes with the Blackberry doesn't support iCal subscriptions. So my question is: does anyone know of way to subscribe to an iCal feed with a Blackberry?
    Last edited by TheOtherShoe; 08-16-2007 at 08:51 PM.

TheOtherShoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2407531B

Re: Syncing with a web-based calendar over-the-air

It look like if I use the paid version of GoosSync instead of ScheduleWorld I might be able to sync my 30 Boxes calendar with my Blackberry calendar through Google. One of the featurs of GooSync premium is the ability to sync with multiple Google Calendars, including read-only shared calendars. I'm guessing that I would still have to subscribe to Google Calendar's iCal feed with 30 Boxes to get calendar events from my phone to 30 Boxes.

It is not in ideal solution. But it might be my best bet.

TCUK no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Syncing with a web-based calendar over-the-air

Hi
    I'm trying to do the same thing with Oracle over the web with dismal success. I'm trying SyncJM but can't get it to work- Also Syncberry seems imposible to get. Which SyncML client have you used?
    Thanks for any help