View Poll Results: Would you support advertising to see more free software?

Voters
13. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes. What is 3 seconds of my time?

10 76.92%
  • No. I hate advertisements.

3 23.08%

This poll is to see how many of you out there would actually be supportive ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Support Advertising in order to get more "free software"?

Advertisement

This poll is to see how many of you out there would actually be supportive of advertising in order to see more free software.

An example would be when you would go to play a game or what not, there would be an advertisement, maybe 3 seconds or so, before the game loaded up.

We all know there are more and more programs being invented for BlackBerries every day, with the prices on some being a decent amount.

Please vote.

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Support Advertising in order to get more "free software"?

Many games start with a few "advertising" screens anyway.

Today, I think the problem is that the BB does not yet attract enough attention from delevelopers of Freeware. It has a prosumer/professional image, so developers see it as used by people prepared to pay. Palm and MS devices are more for the masses so far.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I would be game for that, providing it doesn't take 20-30 seconds to load an application. Advertising and Pinstack is where I get 90% of the info I have on BB's.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

I would def be up for advertising for anything if it made it free.. for instance i dont use carriers 411 since verizon owns the service in the US they charge a fortion its almost 2$ per 411 now.. so I jsut use 1-800-free-411 have to listen to a 3 second commercial and then get any number i want for free.... 3 seconds of my life is worth 2$

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    I would def be up for advertising for anything if it made it free.. for instance i dont use carriers 411 since verizon owns the service in the US they charge a fortion its almost 2$ per 411 now.. so I jsut use 1-800-free-411 have to listen to a 3 second commercial and then get any number i want for free.... 3 seconds of my life is worth 2$
    Or why not just download one of the 411 type programs for your bb, all of them free already