Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a program just released. S tudentBerry ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ravinggoat no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243c1d3f

StudentBerry a Student Task Application

Advertisement

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a program just released.

StudentBerry is a premier Blackberry® tasking application designed specifically for students. Say goodbye to non-categorized, difficult to track, basic tasks in the standard tasking program. Let’s also go ahead and bid a not so fond farewell to overly complicated, business focused, expensive third party applications as well. StudentBerry is the awesomely simple and amazingly organized alternative you’ve been looking for.

Take a look at what you’ve been missing:
    • A complete daily, weekly, or monthly breakdown of assignments due organized by class and due date
    • Easy to follow color coding lets you know what you need to be working on first
    • Intuitive large project management: you’ll never fall behind on that final essay again!
    • Course Information including your class times and teacher’s office hours and contact information.
    • Track important dates, like exams, guest speakers, etc…
    • StudentBerry’s intuitive layout and hotkeys ensure you’ll be productive from the first time you launch the app.
    • and more!
    What all that means is we needed an application that took the needs of students seriously so we went ahead and developed it. So head over to StudentBerry.com and take a look, or browse to m.studentberry.com on your blackberry and download your free 15-day trial copy.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: StudentBerry a Student Task Application

I tried it for several hours. It works really well despite the fact that some improvements are needed to correct some scheduling issues I have found. Good for fulltime working student like myself. Everyone in school with BB should give it a try.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 01-24-2008 at 02:49 AM. Reason: edited for content

PIN/ID
    243c1d3f

Re: StudentBerry a Student Task Application

What kind of issues are you having? What kind of changes would you like to see us make?

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I will download right now to try. I am a full-time student who currently uses a combination of the Tasks and Calendar to track/remind me about assignments, speakers, etc.

Questions I have (I could just wait and see once I download, but I'll ask for the purpose of informing all who are wondering):

(a) is the reminder system customizable in "profiles"?;
    (b) can StudentBerry sync with PC (e.g. Outlook or the like)?;
    (c) if no, can you send assignments/tasks from StudentBerry to BB Calendar to make an entry there (and therefore sync your assignments that way)?;
    (d) can you choose which way to view the assignments (by class-then by date, by date-all classes combined, etc.)?;

That's all I'm wondering. Looking forward to try it out! Thanks.

PIN/ID
    243c1d3f

A). The reminder can be set in profiles (the studentberry option)
    B,C) Currently StudentBerry doesn't sync externally or with BB calendar (we're working on it )
    D). StudentBerry allows you to filter by date (day, week, month). And filter by individual class as well, including viewing all tasks for a given time period.

Hope that answers your questions. Feel free to PM me or post here if you have any more
    Last edited by ravinggoat; 01-23-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Looks like a great app! If I had a need for this or I'd definitely give it a try!

Thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ me too, I would have given it a try but I have no need for it now. Bummer

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Just what I needed, thanks!

Thumbs up Re: StudentBerry a Student Task Application

Quote Originally Posted by ravinggoat View Post
    What kind of issues are you having? What kind of changes would you like to see us make?
    Hi, I emailed your support team yesterday. Ryan, who replied my email, answered some of my questions and said they were working on the new release as we speak to address those issues and add more features in

Keep up the good work, guys.

UPDATE: StudentBerry just dropped another $5, so now it is $19.99. In addition, the coupon is still available to use to make it even lower - $14.99. So it is $10 cheaper than before. Students, give it a try.

JoostyJuice no está en línea Stack level 1

With grad school and working full time staring me in the face, am gonna pick up this app for the trial and definitely consider buying it if its useful.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

I might have to try this out.
    /~*brooke

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

OTA download (m.studentberry.com) didn't work for my Pearl. I got a Download Failed notification on my screen. Clicking the Details option gave the following error message: "907 Invalid COD Unable to import ZIP File."

Installing via DM gave an error message saying No additional applications for your device could be found.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-04-2008 at 01:27 PM.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

This is perfect for me. I'm downloading now..

So far this app. is really cool. I just wish it was free . $20 it a little pricey in my opinion.

I'm skeptical about buying 3rd party applications now because there is no guarantee that they will work with the new OS when it comes out.
    Last edited by lauren25; 02-04-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    ~Lauren

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by penpower View Post
    UPDATE: StudentBerry just dropped another $5, so now it is $19.99. In addition, the coupon is still available to use to make it even lower - $14.99. So it is $10 cheaper than before. Students, give it a try.

What is the coupon?
    ~Lauren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast