So I was checking out GMM and finally decided to check out the street view. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5

Streetview in Google Maps Mobile

Advertisement

So I was checking out GMM and finally decided to check out the street view. It's basically street level still shots. You can see exactly what the (commercial)location you're looking for looks like, or get a view of a landmark or two so you can start looking for things a little early. I tried street view on residential streets but no luck, It seems they on have cameras on the main roads. I wonder where does the footage come from? While in streetview I went down a long stretch of a street in Detroit called Gratoit. I was able to spin the camera 360 degrees the whole way ( about 4-5 miles). Pretty cool. It would be nice if you could use this to view traffic situations in real-time. I'm not sure how often they update though. Also it would be nice if we could capture the screen in streetview, then we could send a pic of a location to friends, clients, etc. who don't have GPS to show them exactly what there looking for. I haven't tried but you probably get a screenshot with CaptureIt then send the saved screenshot as a email attachment. Still it would be more covenient if this feature was built-in.
    Last edited by Safiy; 11-23-2008 at 03:14 PM.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    The Streetview images come from Google vans that drive down each street with a special camera attached to the top of the van, along with GPS devices of course, and then the images are uploaded to the Google Maps database.

Major urban areas that have Streetview are updated as new streets are added. I don't know how often streets are updated that have already been mapped but for areas like New York, L.A., etc that have substantial growth and changes, they are probably updated more regularly than others.

The new update to the iPhone (2.2) enables map locations from Google Maps to be emailed but the BB version does not offer this feature yet.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Thanks for the info

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've never been able to get Streetview on my BB, how were you able to do that 360

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    When you search for directions and a street you are on has Streetview, it will give you the option (press 8) and it will show you the Streetview imagery.

Or select a point or type an address in search and you'll get the same option.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Actually in the latest version (2.3.2 I believe) when you're over a street press the trackball and a menu will pop up. If streetview is available you can select it, if not the selection is dimmed. While in streetview press menu, select expand. you can scroll the trackball left or right to can spin the camera 360 degrees.
    Last edited by Safiy; 11-23-2008 at 06:59 PM.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    You can use CaptureIt to do a screen grab and send it to your friends.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...program-93958/

naivete no está en línea Stack level 2
    well thats great !
    Concern On Mobile2.0, well come to my Blog :
    http://movox.cn