Alright, on the ride home I was reading all these threads of people asking about ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

demonpkr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301BBC23

Thumbs up Street Fighter 2 CE Review

Advertisement

Alright, on the ride home I was reading all these threads of people asking about this game. I went ahead and downloaded it, and I'll break it down as best as I can.

Graphics:
    Well, the game sure isn't ugly, Capcom sure knows how to make their sprites. The characters and backgrounds look fresh and clean and most resemble the graphics of the super nintendo version. The characters are the right size.
    The animation however I guess really depends on your blackberry. I'm using a blackberry 8703e and the animation can be a little bit choppy. It's not enough to get fussy over. Being a picky person when it comes to mobile games, this actually wasn't a huge factor to me.

Gameplay:
    Hey, it's streetfighter. It's the first game I've played that uses WASD for controls. Nice.
    A and D-Left and right
    W and S-Jump straight up and crouch
    Q and R-Jump Left and Right
    U-Light Punch
    I-Strong Punch
    O-Fierce Punch
    J-Light Kick
    K-Strong Kick
    L-Fiece Kick
    I also noticed that P has a purpose too. It seems to be for special attacks (down, right P is a hydoken)

It simulated a classic arcade button layout, keyboard style. Pearl owners, I don't know how well this would work for you guys, but for full keyboard owners, this will work just fine (assuming you dont have big fingers like me:P)

Sound:
    The sound is clean, crisp and perfect. It sounds like the original 16-bit music, mobile style (if that makes any sense). I don't know what else to say, it isn't bad at all!

Overall Value:
    Well, if you don't already own one of the many MANY versions of street fighter, it's worth a shot. It isn't like the other mobile games that have crippled controls (I'm looking at you castlevania: order of shadows) The only thing I could ask for is a little smoother animation, and I think every mobile game should have custom controls that the user could pick.

P.S- if you have any more questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I am able to. Thanks!
    Last edited by demonpkr; 08-22-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the end paragraph

nfl46 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thx for the review!

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Can i have OTA for this software??
    Thanx
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Just google it or go to bbcool I think it's going for 10 bucks. Hyper uppercut!

demonpkr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301BBC23
    I don't have the exact OTA adress, but if you download handmark pocket express or handango (I think) you canm buy it directly to your phone