Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I can't provide an update directly from the Home screen, RIM doesn't provide an API ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Jey08 no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

I can't provide an update directly from the Home screen, RIM doesn't provide an API to interact with user, so I can only provide displaying the info about real stocks state. Anyway this is a good idea, may be we'll implement it when RIM supports it. Thanks for the feedback.

kstrouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi. The beta has timed out, and there doesn't appear to be an update on the site. Are you planning to upload something? Thanks!

Hi all, thanks for using this application, give us a couple of days and we'll release v.0.9.5. We'll inform about new release in this post.

Thanks. I'll watch for it.

Thumbs up v.0.9.5 is ready!

Hi,

today we released v.0.9.5, we're so sorry for this delay, version had been ready before Jul 1 but we found some bugs and decided to fix them. Now you can update your previous installation to v.0.9.5.

What's new in this version:

- We added advanced stock information (Last Trade, Day's Range, Day's High, Day's Low, Trade Time, 52 week Range, Previous Close,
    Volume, Open, Market Cap, Bid, P/E (ttm), Ask, 1y Target). To view advanced information choose from the main menu "Info" for selected
    item. Also if you want additional info contact us with your feedback.

- We added active period settings, now you can set up start and end time, go to settings and set 'from' and 'to' paramters. By default 'from' = 9.00 and 'to' = 16.00.

- Now you can arrange item's order as you want. Use 'Move..." command menu to move an item up/down. So you can set up stock order in the list and on the home screen. But home screen list will be updated only during the next home screen update period.

- On the home screen you can set up number of rows for displaying stocks, so if you current home screen view has free space you can correct this value manually (+/- rows).

- Also in this version: UI improvements, new settings panel, fix for some minor issues.

So, download and try it,
    And we need your feedback!

Downloads:

Desktop: http://www.berryblow.com/downloads/stocks_plus_beta.zip

OTA: http://m.berryblow.com/ota/stocks/stocks.jad

Thanks for the update. I've installed it.

I left the times set to something like the default, and when I woke up this morning, the listing was gone from my home screen. As soon as I reset the times to well outside the default window (and including the time that it was just then), it showed up again. So if it's supposed to do this, I think that's a good feature.

I've continued to have issues with getting updates automatically in the previous version. Most days (but not all), the app doesn't update in the morning (US time) until I change the settings from "1 minute" to "disable" and back to "1 minute." Sometimes that's enough to get it started, and sometimes I then have to manually update and then it continues to update for the whole trading session. Sometimes, rarely, it stops updating automatically before the closing price is posted. Sometimes, it would update during the night to the final price. Because you've put the update time on the home screen, I always know whether the price is the latest price, so it was workable, but not ideal. I'm hoping that this version of the beta fixes this issue. I don't know yet, because US markets haven't been open since I installed it.

I'll keep you posted. I think that this is a great app.

Thanks for the feedback, please clarify your application settings...

I have it set to update every minute. My active period is currently set from 1:00 AM to 5:30 PM. I do this because I''m traveling in Europe, but my device is set to US East Coast time. The screen list hasn't been showing up until later than 1:00, but I haven't figured out yet when it arrives. Naturally, I don't really need it to show up until something closer to 9:30 if I've already seen the closing price of the previous day.

Everything else is default, I think: enabled status, change in percent (yay!), autodetect, and using BIS transport. In my brief experience with this version of the app, I've had no problems. The screen image shows up when it's supposed to, and it's launched in the morning (US) by itself. Some day I'll have to stare at it at 9:30 ET to see when it gets its first update of the day, but for now, I couldn't be happier. Please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like for me to test. I'm on a Bold 9700 (I'd better change my profiile here...)

The "time" feature hasn't been working for me. I had it set to a big window, and the data would disappear from the home screen as expected, but it wouldn't come back when it was supposed to appear until I fiddled with the settings, unsaving and saving, and pressing Update. Yesterday I changed the times so that it would go away at 11:59 PM and come back at midnight, but it went away and didn't come back. I like the idea of a timed appear/disappear, but if it's going to require my intervention every day, I'd prefer that it stay up all the time.

I'm in an area where I can't be sure that I'm getting a strong signal, either over Wi-Fi or phone, a lot of the time. I don't know whether this might affect the performance of software that probably needs to contact the network pretty frequently.

Generally, I can get Stocks+ to give me updates all day if I just play around with it, asking for an update, or changing the settings and saving and changing them back, soon after the market opens. I think that there are some days that it starts by itself, but I'd say that happens less than half of the time. It's a little hard to keep track, because the only times that I can test most of what it does is during trading hours. If there are any specific features you'd like me to try, let me know.

Still lovin' the app.

I think we can provide feature to disable interval settings (correct me about your suggestion if something wrong)

berrysoft no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cool idea...
    X-Berry Soft - BlackBerry software for every day!
    www.x-berrysoft.com

v.0.9.6.

Today we updated Stocks+ with some engine fixes and improvements, also added some home screen customization (from your feedbacks), we added left, right, top and bottom indents for list position. So, you can home screen stock list as you want depends on your current theme. For example if you use home screen weather application, you can set weather icon on the left side and then set left indent for Stocks+ to 100 or 150, so, list will be displayed on the right side.
    Now we’re working on stocks portfolio, any feedback is appreciated.

Download links the same:
    Desktop: http://www.berryblow.com/downloads/stocks_plus_beta.zip
    OTA: http://m.berryblow.com/ota/stocks/stocks.jad

Have a good day!

kstrouse, could you check issue with not-updated list at the morning, hope i fixed it.

Hi. Sorry -- somehow my subscription got dropped from this thread and I didn't know about the new version. I'm downloading it now, and I'll let you know how it works out for me.

BTW, I wanted to make a copy of the zip file on my PC, but I got a message that it was a bad link, so you might want to check it.

Thanks so much for all of this! I'll keep you posted.

Hi. Hmmm, I think I downloaded the production version 1.0 from the link you posted here. You've made some aesthetic changes to the interface that I like a lot. I still can't figure out how to leave the stock quote on the home screen all the time, though. I changed the interval to 12:00AM to 11:59PM and the stock price isn't showing up on the device (it's Sunday evening on my BB). In the last version I had, it would show up sometime just before the market opened. I'll see what it does tomorrow. I'd still like to see an option where the price is just there all the time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast