Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Here are a few comments: I like the idea of a setting whether or not ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kstrouse no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Here are a few comments:

I like the idea of a setting whether or not to have the stocks on the home screen, because that's the thing I like most, and apparently that's the one thing others can do without.

It's not entirely clear that the number is updated every minute per my setting. It never goes five minutes without an update, but I'm wondering about that. The Yahoo Finance page gives interim updates, so it's not an issue at the source, I think.

I'm not even sure I'd use a feature like this, but: maybe it would be worthwhile to have a setting for whether the stocks are on the lock screen only. If you're using a Today theme, you could look at your new message list and your calendar once the device is unlocked (I haven't checked to see what sort of real estate conflict exists right now.) But you can't see your messages on the lock screen in any case, and personally, having the number on the lock screen is much more important to me than the unlocked home screen. After all, once I've unlocked the device, the update is only a click away on the home page of a browser. So for me, the real innovation here is the lock screen push. Just a thought.

My husband keeps stealing my BlackBerry out of my hands to look at his number. Hmmmm.

Update: I checked out the Today theme that I'm using and there's no conflict, so I don't know if it would be all that useful to have a lock-screen-only option.

And there's more: I don't think that it's updating anymore. Yesterday, I got what I think is the Thursday closing quote. Then I noticed that it didn't zero out before Friday's open (one of the indexes zeroed out many hours earlier than the open the other day, but this was my first day of following ^DWC.) Anyhow, I wasn't near a PC to check when Yahoo zeroed out the quote, but I began to wonder about it when the number didn't change at all during the first few hours of trading. I did a manual update, which worked fine, but I didn't think to check the previous update time (to see if it had updated at all since the previous day.)
    I did the manual update, and added back in the ^W5000 index, in case for some reason this was just a problem with ^DWC, and noted the time 12:20 EDT. It's now about 90 minutes later, about 1:55 PM on the East Coast, and neither index has updated again. I'm sure a manual update would work fine, but that kind of undoes the whole point of having it push to the home screen. Anyone else having this issue?
    Last edited by kstrouse; 05-14-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Jey08 no está en línea Developer
    You can go to the settings, disable auto update interval, so the home screen wallpaper won't be changed, you can only check the stocks when start the application.
    Am I correct?

Sorry if I'm confusing things here. My thoughts about the home screen were only about the way it looks. On a completely different topic, for some reason, the numbers themselves didn't update from about the close of the market yesterday until mid-day today.

To respond specifically to your question, the application was acting as though I'd set it at "disabled", but it was set for one minute updates. It just didn't do them. To resolve the matter, I just went into Settings, set it at Disable, saved it, then set it again at one minute, and now it's updating again. Maybe it was just a one-time fluke.

I can't remember when the timing of this was, but at some point yesterday, I changed the setting from BIS to TCP and then back to BIS a few minutes later. I have no idea which one I should prefer to use. I'm connected by WiFi sometimes, but not all the time. Furthermore, it's much more important to me to have the application work well when I'm connecting through the mobile network. After all, if I have WiFi, chances are I have a PC around where I can get my stock update. I have no idea whether this might have had something to do with this problem (and I apologize for not remembering the exact timing of all of this), but I thought I should mention it.

Thumbs up v.0.9.3 is updated

We just updated application to v.0.9.3.
    In this version we supported 320 x 240 devices with OS 4.7 and higher (85xx)

New download links:

Desktop: www.berryblow.com/downloads/stocks_plus_beta.zip
    OTA: http://m.berryblow.com/ota/stocks/stocks.jad

Have a good day!

I'm running the new version now. My stocks updated fine all day on Monday until 15:33 (3:30 PM Eastern Time.) That's where they've been sitting until now. The last update isn't close to the actual closing prices from yesterday.

I just tried to update manually, but that didn't do anything. Then I changed the settings from 1 minute to 3 minutes and back to 1 minute, saving every time. That hasn't forced an update either. I can't imagine I had it set up wrong, since it worked last week and almost all day yesterday. Any suggestions of what to try next?

Update: I'm able to get new numbers if I manually update the stocks. Then I experimented. Maybe it's because it didn't know my stock ^DWC, so I added ^W5000. Then I deleted one of the stocks at a time. Then I deleted everything and only followed Google for a few minutes. Nothing updated on its own, although everything would update if I changed settings back and forth and saved them, or if I added a new stock to the list. I tried TCP instead of BIS but that made no difference.

I now think that the number isn't being pushed to me, and that the problem began sometime during the day on Friday of last week. Am I the only tester with this issue?

Thanks for your feedback, we need some time to investigate this issue.
    Could you disable autoupdate, close the application, open it and set again 1 minute?

All by itself, I got an update just when I disconnected the device from the charger several hours ago. Then it didn't update again. I wondered if the original update (and the lack of further updates) had something to do with the fact that US markets are closed and the last time I'd seen it update was well before the final price. (Does it change the update time if there aren't any changes to the prices?)

I disabled autoupdate and followed your directions, and that didn't do anything. Some time later, I did it again, with no change again. I decided to see if it would update if there was a stock liisted that was changing.

So I added the Nikkei index, but it didn't update for at least several minutes, and I left the device alone in a charger. Just now, I decided to post here, so I got the device just to make sure that it still didn't update, but it did update the Nikkei, apparently just as I looked at it. I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with whether or not it's charging, but in the twelve minutes that it's been disconnected, it hasn't updated again, even though I'm pretty sure that the Nikkei has changed.

I can't imagine that this is related, but could it be that it has something to do with the clock? That doesn't explain why it isn't updating during the day when I'm carrying it around, but I think that these updates just as I'm about to look at it (and mostly the lack of them afterwards) are strange.

The application has been working fine for me the last few days. I have a suggestion.

I can't figure out a way to exit the application and completely remove all traces of it. If I say "Close", the stock still shows up on my home screen, confusing me as to whether it will update. Last week I got a Java error (uncaught exception) and I couldn't figure out which active app had given it to me (there are several candidates). I couldn't be sure that Stocks+ was really off until I rebooted. So it might be nice to have a menu item "Exit", which gets rid of the home screen page and cleans the app out of memory so that I can open it again.

now is only one way how to disable all updates, go to Settings and set disable for update interval, but we really need Exit command menu, we'll add it to the next update. Keep in touch with us.

Here it is Monday again, and my index never updated when the markets opened. I've updated it manually twice, and it worked both times, but it never started updating on its own again (as I mentioned, it worked as it should have last Friday.)
    Thanks for considering an Exit command. The app is generally just ideal for me. I just wish that it would push the number to me.

Thumbs up Stocks+ updated to v.0.9.4

Today we updated Stocks+ to v.0.9.4.

This is a minor update, so changes are:

- Lookup fix
    - Download engine fixes
    - UI improvements

Warning!!! BETA period for v.0.9.2 and v.0.9.3 will expire on Jun 1 2010, so if you want to use Stocks+, you

should update the software from our site: go to www.berryblow.com from your BlackBerry browser or from your

desktop and update Stocks+ for FREE.

We’re waiting for your feedback and suggestions.

BerryBlowApps team
    www.berryblow.com

It seems to be working for me so far. My issues have been intermittent, though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the update!

Now that I've had it going for a few days, here's how it seems to stand. It worked the whole first day. It has never begun again on its own. Sometimes, I get it started at the beginning of the day, either by changing the settings (from one minute to disable to one minute) or by asking for a manual update. Sometimes, that's enough and it works for the whole day. Sometimes, I have to manually update it and then it might update itself a few times. I'd have to say, though, that it's not all that frequent that I can simply look at the screen and get an update. When that happens, though, I'm delighted. It's a big help that you have the time of the last update on the home screen.
    Here's another idea for a feature. It would be nice to be able to manually update the number (or all the numbers) by putting the cursor on a stock price on the home screen. That way, I don't have to physically open the application to get the manual update. And I think that would be a nice feature for people who don't want constant updates, but want an update whenever they feel like it.
    Please keep me posted with updates to the program. Thanks so much for it; even with its issues, I'm delighted with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast